KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic firm

Jun 9, 2022 - Data Scientist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined very recently and couldn't be happier with my choice. I was looking to find a place that is challenging, growth oriented, with a solid culture -- Medallia (especially Sense360!) is exactly that, and more. Below are the main themes that stood out to me in the first month. 1) People: this is an excellent tech company with hard working, smart, and FUN people who make you feel like you belong from day 1. Every colleague I've had the pleasure of interacting with is simply a good human being who is willing to learn, listen, share, and collaborate. All of the people at the management level that I've met so far have a vision-driven sense of direction, are very down to earth, and genuinely/actively interested in your growth. Last but not least, best onboarding experience ever! 2) Growth: plenty of modern tech to get exposed to, with a treasure trove of knowledge to absorb. Career progression in the data science realm appears transparent: there is a number of teams engaged with different initiatives (AI, ML, NLP - you name it), and moving from one to another might be one of the ways to grow years down the line, if interested. 3) Work / Life balance: it's unbelievable how many benefits Medallia offers. Quarterly mental days off, generous PTO from year 1. Up to 3 months, if I'm not mistaken, of parental leave. Partner apps for mental health / physical activity / legal advice / parental journey. Decent health insurance and a day off for volunteering. 401k matching. Occasional virtual team building activities, generous budget for home office set up. I just feel so supported and grateful to be part of the company that genuinely cares and walks the talk.

Cons

I sometimes wish there were ways to meet the Team in person, something along the lines of biannual fly-ins for roadmap brainstorming, for example, or maybe open physical office space for an occasional drop in (I'm on the East coast). I know it's an expensive wish list, though, and not sure how big of an ROI it would bring.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Place to Work

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive team, good management, good product

Cons

Very large sales team if that's not what you want

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sell The Dream, Service The Nightmare

Jul 30, 2022 - Customer Success in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good work-life balance -Fully remote work life is encouraged and supported -Equitable pay for some positions -Good people in HR that genuinely care for employee well-being -Lots of smart people at Medallia -Plenty of opportunity for CSMs to get in front of customers and shine

Cons

-Operates in seemingly constant state of chaos despite being a 21 year old company -CEO is a pure sales guy who brags about his toys and homes in all-hands meetings as a way to inspire the sales masses -More celebration and focus on Formula 1 marketing partnerships than things that actually matter...like our customers. -Tons of turnover and attrition since company went private in '21, massive loss of institutional knowledge -Customers are sold the dream scenario for products without realizing they need to invest in services hours, then CS is left to deal with the nightmare fallout post purchase -Medallia continues to buy other companies with no focused vision or outcome aside from potentially going public again in a few years(?)

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Medallia.

Medallia Photos

+ Add Photo
Medallia photo of: The Escape Game Champions
Medallia photo of: Talent Ops is back together
Medallia photo of: Team APAC
Medallia photo of: People and Culture
Medallia photo of: Team project
Medallia photo of: I am a Medallian
Medallia photo of: Another awesome podium, 2nd place in the Val-d’Isere downhill for Breezy Johnson.