Medcor - Great benefits, education reimbersement, but lacking in leadership. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medcor

"Great benefits, education reimbersement, but lacking in leadership."

Former Employee - Medical Tech in Waverly, OH
Former Employee - Medical Tech in Waverly, OH

I worked at Medcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, Healthcare benefits, tuition reimbersement, and very well staffed.

Cons

Strained relations with contracted companies. Little support or directions when complications between Medcor and contracting compay occur.

Advice to Management

More focus on mediation when conflicts occur to relieve the pressure on employess and increased overall outcomes.

Other Employee Reviews for Medcor

"Great Place but not for everyone"

Current Employee - Full Time in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Full Time in New York, NY

I have been working at Medcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Independent Working, friendly staff, good connections

Cons

In the event of an emergency, you are on your own. Must establish and maintain good working relationships with a vast amount of clients and staff.

"We used to be 5 stars - maybe we will be again!"

Current Employee - Medical Administrator in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Medical Administrator in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Medcor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has the ability to lead the industry. Growth is occurring. Success is possible. The past can be repeated. The coworkers who have hung in there are some of the greatest people you could ever meet. The clients are diverse and interesting. The job is challenging and stretches your mind. The Triage division is immensely innovative and the best division in the company.

Cons

The best laid plans can sometimes go a bit off the rail. The top talent leaves at the hands of being ignored. Young leaders are kept under the finger of executives. Ideas are smashed rather than cultivated. Hard work is expected but ignored, so don't expect a thank you, expect to self soothe and work harder to earn advancement. Let the middle managers lead and stop stifling them, they are who we want to work for.

Advice to Management

Ask, then listen. Listen, then act. Just because it's not your opinion doesn't mean that it isn't valid. You need the folks that walk away to find appreciation. I fear that more will follow. Find that passion from the past...tap into it...quick.