Medecision - Wide and worsening chasm between senior management and everyone else | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medecision

"Wide and worsening chasm between senior management and everyone else"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company's buildings provide adequate shelter from bad weather and are climate-controlled

Cons

Layoffs becoming a huge part of the culture, enormous disconnect between senior management and the 'worker bees', morale plummeting

Advice to Management

Discontinuing the practice of demoralizing people would be a good idea. Implementing performance reviews where a large segment of the company is ranked as "substandard" simply because it meets some sort of arbitrary metric accomplishes nothing other than to make people want to leave. The recent mass layoff ended up taking care of that on its own. Outside of anyone at the VP level, no one has been given any incentive to remain at the company and there have been quite a few departures even among those who weren't laid off. All the while, the messages from the top are of the "moving in a new direction" nature. Easy to chuckle at that after more than 125 layoffs in the last two years from a company that only numbered about 300 before that.

MEDecision had a solid reputation for over 20 years as a fun place to work with a lot of terrific people. The last two years have basically eradicated that completely and now people are all but dying to leave.

Other Employee Reviews for Medecision

"Promising company ruined"

Current Employee - Employee in Chesterbrook, PA
    Current Employee - Employee in Chesterbrook, PA

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great, and by great I mean PHENOMENAL staff....Unfortunately they were all let go
    Work from home

Cons

New head incapable of leading the company upward, (everyone is essentially her underling "move the boxes, house sit for me, run my errands, watch out for my dog"), secrets and lies run rampant here; not interested in being innovative.
    RUN!

Advice to Management

How about some loyalty to the staff that got our company rated as exceptional by our customer?/ Remember this announcement, right before you announced that you would be laying off 1/3 of the company? Hiring MORE VPs right on the tails of this is insulting!! Exactly who are they leading???

GET SOME LEGITIMATE SALES! Hint: You get this by creating technology that is innovative!!

STOP WITH THE SECRETS AND LIES! The "secret" trip to India means one thing to those of us that remain: OUTSOURCING!

"Its been real"

Current Employee - Developer in Wayne, NJ
    Current Employee - Developer in Wayne, NJ

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and lots of flex within scheduling.

Cons

All I can say is Medecision inherited a WEAK CEO!( Deb Gage) She has hired many VPs or better yet , "Yes People". The people that spoke out are now working elsewhere. A quot from the CEO, " HCSC has deep pockets." Sure lets paint the product and and force clients to upgrade. Lets redo the lobby? Wait, something wrong here? Maybe we can buy out another company and get their clients., but first lets get rid of 1/3 of the company so that we can pay for this. Pity the fool!

Advice to Management

Look for another gig before the ship sinks.