Medecision - What do you get when you cross Dilbert with the Titanic... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medecision

"What do you get when you cross Dilbert with the Titanic..."

Former Employee - Business Analyst
Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Medecision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- flexible schedule
- competitive salary
- people doing the work are incredibly talented, experienced and cooperative
- was employed there for almost 10 years and considered most of the folks I worked with as friends first, coworkers second
- can count on one hand the worker-bee-level people that I had to deal with that were a pain or difficult to get along with

Cons

- almost all those talented and experienced people are gone now
- layoffs the past two years (mini-purge in 11/2011; massive purge (1/3 of company) in 12/2012-02/2013) have decimated the company
- folks left behind are stuck on a rudderless ship; and even if the current management could steer, have no confidence that they know what direction to go
- as others have indicated, there remains a huge disconnect between management and staff, and there appears to be no desire at all to acknowledge this gap, much less to determine a way to bridge it and create a solid company again

Advice to Management

this is a fairly pointless exercise, since the current management has no desire to listen to advice from anyone - and certainly not from a former employee.
however, I will provide this observation --- stop calling the staff a "low performing organization" when they have accomplished all the objectves set forth by management (hitting release dates with all desired functionality and at targeted quality levels). it is not the fault of the R&D, Operations and Support areas that the company is not making sales and bleeding clients.
perhaps an honest evaluation of the sales and marketing objectives - and the overall business plan (what number are we up to? i think there have been four "new directions" since Deb Gage took over) - is in order.

Other Employee Reviews for Medecision

"Not a good employer"

I have been working at Medecision full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance is good. Pay is competitive.

Cons

The company is not doing well. A third of the company was laid off recently. There does not seem to be a go-forward plan. There is zero confidence is senior management. MEDecision used to be a place people wanted to work. Not anymore. Even the people who were not laid off are planning to leave. So sad. Unfortunately, the positive reviews that are on this site about MEDecision are not a true reflection of the current state of the company.

Advice to Management

Learn about the software industry so you can make better decisions. Try to connect with employees so they have a better impression of you. Right now we mostly think there is a lot of incompetence.

2. "“ok, not great”"

I worked at Medecision full-time

Pros

They gave me a great salary. Also, there's some really smart people there, who know so much about technology. Additionally, open source software is not just tolerated; it's used almost everywhere. The people are pretty fun to be around too.

Cons

Management is not good, overall. Some managers are awesome, don't get me wrong, but others are very risk averse, unmotivational, and suck any willingness you may have to do right by the company.

If you end up as a coder, realize that the code is a mess. Management is too risk averse (overall) to try to fix that.

The direction of the company is gonna be interesting under the new CEO (Miss Gage).