Media Riders - They chew you up and spit you out; Sell your soul to something more worthwhile not Medicare Adjudication | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Media Riders

"They chew you up and spit you out; Sell your soul to something more worthwhile not Medicare Adjudication"

Current Employee - Pharmacist Medicare Adjudicator in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Pharmacist Medicare Adjudicator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Media Riders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lot's of promises of good things to come
99% guaranteed temp to perm
We are here to support you in your success
Your efforts will be appreciated here and you will make an impact on people's lives

Cons

Unfortunately none of the above statements are true.
Adaptability means rules and job conditions change every day
Expectations increase to unattainable levels
Employees are pitted against one another in quota game from the inception resulting in cutthroat workplace environment consisting of minimal worker bees stabbing each other in the back and a plethora of widget counters conducting the dysfunctional symphony

Advice to Management

Try to treat professional medical people as such instead of berating them that they are not working as quickly as possible. When you treat them as such do not expect glorious results as far as quality work produced by insightful judgement and inference.

Other Employee Reviews for Media Riders

1. "They found me what they thought was a good job. Very disappointing, however."

Former Employee - Clerical Support (Work From Home) in Leander, TX
    Former Employee - Clerical Support (Work From Home) in Leander, TX

I worked at Media Riders part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For a staffing agency that I have never heard of before now, the compensation was very good and they paid on time. My co-workers were amazing people but I did not hit it off with the supervisor. I also did not enjoy the morning commute which ultimately led to me leaving this job. I am now searching for work that I can do from my home office.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was that the pay was by-weekly pay.

Advice to Management

You may consider paying your employees weekly. Most people need a weekly paycheck for their families.

2. "Document Preperation Clerk"

Current Employee - Document Prepper in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Document Prepper in Austin, TX

I have been working at Media Riders full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not very stressful relative to some jobs, but it can be challenging to meet the metrics. It is Mon-Fri 8-4:30.

Cons

you only get a 30minute lunch, and it can be challenging to meet the metrics. You are required to pull staples out of papers, which will poke the crap out of your fingers no matter how careful you are. You are required to repair any tears in documents with scotch tape, but management complains when you use the tape ... you can't do your job if you are not allowed to use the proper supplies that are required! And, you can not have any water or any sort of liquids at your desk, and the manual nature of this job will make you thirsty. It is definitely a manual labor-type office job... but you do sit all day. This description sounds counter-intuitive, but it is accurate to describe it this way. The metrics are very challenging of preparing about 4,400 pieces of paper a day ... again this means pulling out many, many staples; and repairing any tears and any other blemishes on all of these documents. It is hard. The compensation for this job should be at least $13-$14, but it is only $12 hour. You can't live in Austin on $12/hour. Also, what is most disappointing and discouraging, is that there is rampant favoritism among the team leads and specific team members which makes it hard to be motived and productive. When you have a team lead that consistently helps one or two people (who are more than capable of doing the job) complete their metrics per day, and they don't help you or others on the team that actually really do need help, then it is very discouraging, and this is making me seek other employment... along wih the low pay. If you just need a job and are desperate, then this is a good job to take if you have nothing else right now, but I highly recommend keeping on looking for another job because this one won't cut it!!!!

Advice to Management

The favoritism has to stop. It is discouraging to your teams and is just plain bad business. You will lose good, loyal employees this way. Also, the pay is bad. Also, stop being stingy with the supplies needed to effectively do the job.... like with the tape. Bad.......