MediaMath - Best Company for a Reason! | Glassdoor

"Best Company for a Reason!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for more than a year

Pros

MediaMath is comprised of intelligent, solution-driven, friendly and hard-working people which fosters a creative, positive and fun working environment. I have worked in both large and small companies and MediaMath has proven to be the best thus far. There is a reason why it is voted one of the best places to work! Beautiful offices, smart/friendly people, a stimulating/challenging work environment and unlimited... food/snacks/drinks? Sign me up!

Cons

The exponential growth of MediaMath means that process/people/things often change to keep up with the company's fast growth. I prefer to call this change "progress", but understand how change can be viewed in a negative light from people who don't like change.

Advice to Management

I know you are all very busy (as we are too), but try to get to know the employees who you don't normally work with.

MediaMath2016-04-11

"Great Program!"

Current Employee - Marketing Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Marketing Engineer Program is a fantastic program to jump start your career in Adtech. There are so many nice and smart people and teams you'll get to work with and meet! And ample opportunities to learn and grow your programmatic knowledge and technical skill sets.

Cons

If I had to mention one, I think maybe providing more job search support to make this piece of the program less stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! :)

MediaMath2019-11-15

"Once Great, Now Volatile"

Former Employee - Director

I worked at MediaMath full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Culture is strong at MediaMath and teams and the people who comprise those teams are dedicated and loyal. Perks are amazing - unlimited PTO (in the States), free snacks, beautiful offices...on the surface a dream place to work.

Cons

Upper management has lost touch with what made this company great in the first place. Ego and ambition lead the company to make many poor decisions which have lead to low revenue generation, difficulty hiring and maintaining top notch talent, and organizational changes that break high functioning teams apart. Turnover is high, loyalty is low, and the company is moving to a more corporate environment and ideology.... This type of growth is fine and expected for a company that is 10+ years old but the humanity and respect for the people who have literally and figuratively built the company has waned in the last few years. It's about making money and less about creating a steady work environment for people who are dedicated to the product and the vision. The top-down decisions have seemingly been made without consideration for those who do the actual day to day work which was a core part of what made working at MediaMath so great in its early days.

Advice to Management

Admit your mistakes and stop promoting a workplace built on values that are clearly not honest. The company is not about the people anymore or about developing talent and being leaders in the industry. It's about staying afloat and competing with other companies in the ecosphere. There was something special about MediaMath several years ago. Now we're just another start-up that's gone corporate and lost sight of the... original vision. Stop pretending we're something we're not.

MediaMath2019-11-19

Discover more reviews about MediaMath.