MediaMath - Creative Culture | Glassdoor

"Creative Culture"

Current Employee - Director, Marketing in New York, NY
Current Employee - Director, Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Having worked at both large sized corporations (agency and publisher sides) and small sized start-ups, MediaMath was that in-between sized company I was looking for. While we are growing at a fast pace, the company still fosters a "start-up" feel. My experience working on larger companies, you have to deal with red tape at times and can get lost in the shuffle. MediaMath, on the other hand, fosters open door cross communication.

2. The people are smart! Being that the ad tech industry is relatively young, a lot of employees have worked at previous companies/industries that are quite different. This is a testament to the fact that MediaMath hires more based on skill-set, and for that reason, employees here offer a diverse range of thinking and problem solving.

3. Majority of the people I am surrounded by are hard-working, creative people who take pride in what they do. This is important when working together as a team.

Cons

1. As the company grows, more processes need to be put in place.

2. While we have been hiring more and more people, some groups still feel short staffed.

3. I'm not a fan of midtown.

Advice to Management

As a company, we preach transparency to our clients. We need to continue this internally -- informing employees of larger company initiatives, future plans, etc. Our current weekly War Room does this to an extent...

Other Employee Reviews for MediaMath

"Smart/fun people, great tech & product"

Current Employee - Product in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exciting work on bleeding edge technology and best-in-class software. Product team is exceptional. Have made lifelong friends and contacts here ... the intelligence and sense of humor bar is set high.

Cons

Benefits (health, 401k matching) could be better. Rapid growth, dynamic nature of industry and global presence can make focus challenging at times. Compensation on some teams is below average.

Advice to Management

Reduce size of the executive team. Better nurturing of in-house talent.

"Not for those who need constant management. Great space to learn new skills and work with talented people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Freedom to explore topics and work on projects that may be beyond the scope of your immediate position
    -Talented, helpful, and hard-working people
    -Great work/life balance
    -Good Benefits
    -Forgiving environment

Cons

-teams that are not as visible do not get the same recognition as other highly visible teams, but I suppose this is a problem with all companies
    -Departmental overlap can lead to some headaches
    -crappy 401k
    -Some senior execs are basically invisible to the majority of the company

Advice to Management

Keep expanding and innovating. More strategic transparency.