MediaMath - Expect the unexpected | Glassdoor

"Expect the unexpected"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The current space is tight as other people have mentioned but the new space is literally the best workspace I have ever worked in. Every detail was carefully thought out and optimized for the type of task work that my department handles frequently and I really couldn't be happier.

Sideways mobility is very real here. I've personally seen several people successfully switch roles and in some cases entire departments to great effect. This is the only company i have worked at that has really made this a successful reality and not something that looks good on paper.

Cons

comp is a bit below industry average, but is in many ways offset by sideways mobility that you cant find at most companies.

Advice to Management

Unlimited PTO while it sounds awesome in practice can be challenging in the actual implementation as many people in the current working culture (not just this company) feel guilty about taking time to begin with.

Other Employee Reviews for MediaMath

"Truly an amazing company to work for. Exciting and fast-growing!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MediaMath seems to be growing at an extremely fast pace, which is great for the company overall. The atmosphere at MediaMath is exciting. Everyone who works here is intelligent, hard working and collaborative. It is a great feeling to know you're working for a company that is number 1 in the industry. Very generous benefits and perks. The work-life balance is truly extraordinary.

Cons

Due to such rapid growth, larger facilities will eventually be necessary - but seems they've already planned ahead and figured it out!

"Really great people and an exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time

Pros

MediaMath hires really smart people and challenges them every day. We solve really hard problems and we are given a lot of freedom and encouragement to try new tools and technologies. Our technology stack this year is materially different than 18 months ago and 18 months prior to that. We are constantly challenging industry norms and our own in a good productive way.

People at mediamath really care about the company. They care about changing and industry and about doing it with people we consider friends. The team is full of genuinely good people.

The company is growing like crazy so its a wild ride, but we have a lot of fun at the same time. The management team does an excellent job listening to the employees and soliciting input about what we are doing right and where we can improve.

lots of company perks like cell phones, food, monthly parties, standing desks, big dual monitors, and bagel fridays

Cons

typical challenges of fast growing companies. constant change, frequent reorganizations, remaining focused on the top goals and simply scaling an organization to capture opportunities. These make the ride a bit bumpy but when you are all working for the same goal we recognize why its happening.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on the goals, communicate them clearly and to drive them relentlessly. Keep up the great work!