MediaMath - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are smart and nice. Efficient and well-organized working processes. Free climate. Flexible working time. I live far so I'm allowed to work from home two days a week. And my working time on commuter trains are counted. Good compensation. Emails are only used for important announcements or system generated notifications. Most of communications are done via instance messaging in the chat room, which saves tons of time.

Cons

Not really. I'm really satisfied.

Other Employee Reviews for MediaMath

"Fast paced, exciting company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredibly smart people, really pushing for the best and changing the industry in so many ways. Work produced really feels like it is making a direct impact in the company and lots of positive and constructive feedback.

Cons

The pace is very fast, but that brings part of the excitement. Can be stressful, but after a long week it is great to look back at all that has been done.

Advice to Management

Keep up the pace but continue to support staff with the fast growth of the company.

"Expect the unexpected"

I have been working at MediaMath full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The current space is tight as other people have mentioned but the new space is literally the best workspace I have ever worked in. Every detail was carefully thought out and optimized for the type of task work that my department handles frequently and I really couldn't be happier.

Sideways mobility is very real here. I've personally seen several people successfully switch roles and in some cases entire departments to great effect. This is the only company i have worked at that has really made this a successful reality and not something that looks good on paper.

Cons

comp is a bit below industry average, but is in many ways offset by sideways mobility that you cant find at most companies.

Advice to Management

Unlimited PTO while it sounds awesome in practice can be challenging in the actual implementation as many people in the current working culture (not just this company) feel guilty about taking time to begin with.