Medical Center Enterprise - Fun and interesting work environent | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medical Center Enterprise

"Fun and interesting work environent"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Enterprise, AL
Current Employee - Staff RN in Enterprise, AL

I have been working at Medical Center Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

family like atmosphere, coworkers and management are great

Cons

small Hospital so they don't have all the bells and whistles

Other Employee Reviews for Medical Center Enterprise

1. "ER-RN"

Current Employee - Emergency Room, RN in Enterprise, AL
    Current Employee - Emergency Room, RN in Enterprise, AL

I have been working at Medical Center Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Up beat, positive work environment. Staff is friendly and helpful to new grads or less experienced nurses. I transferred from another CHS owned location where I worked in the ICU, having only a year of nursing experience. I did take a pay cut but it was worth it. CNO is great, friendly and seems to look out for the best interest of his employees. The nursing director of the ER, Meghan Cole is knowledgable, kind, and does her best to meet individual scheduling needs. I have seen her on busy days pick up the IV bucket and drop lines for the staff among other things, which is something that I never saw at my other facility. She is family friendly and her second hand Mozo is wonderful also. As a new grad there is a ton of knowledge to absorb and gain from all of the nursing supervisors and senior nurses on the different shifts. The Dr.'s are friendly and approachable. During busy hours the NP's manage a lot of the care. I love this because they are eager to teach new nurses and often give rationals for providing treatment without even being asked. Though, I will only have a short employment period with MCE I can say that I am not leaving because of staffing or environment. As a military family it is just coming up on our time to move.

Cons

Lack of room to expand, older equipment, the pay is lower, which is more related to the state and small town location. On the plus side living cost in AL are not very high.

Advice to Management

The ER at MCE is a great place to grow and advance. It would be wonderful to have newer tympanic thermometers and to be able to expand the ER. I know that the current plan is to have a fast track to help decrease pt load. However, as far as management and staff I will miss working for this organization.

2. "Specialist"

I have been working at Medical Center Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible with time off. Good work-life balance.

Cons

Job scared managers who don't know what teamwork means