Medidata Solutions - Medidata Solutions NOT a good place to work!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medidata Solutions

"Medidata Solutions NOT a good place to work!!!!"

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People at Medidata are friendly and I made some great friends there. Some people have the opportunity to work from home (that was not my experience) when they are not needed in the office. Competitive salaries and overall pay is decent. Rave is a great product and very nice to work with.

Cons

The more you give the company the more they want from you. Managers are not all open door policy, and they are looking at the bottom line and they don't care about their employees. I had a micro manager that is a total control freak. My manager would tell you what to put in an email and what to say to the client, because you are not competent to do it yourself. When not needed in the office we still have to be in the office, when we could perform our job from home. Expectations are crazy there and they continue to want people to know more and do more every time. Most of the people in the department leave because of this situation, yet higher management does not see this. I have to say that they are also very shady in some of their processes.

Advice to Management

To upper management take a really great look at your Directors and see the dead wood. You need to clean house! Some are just collecting a salary and do nothing....Tell them to go back to caring about your employees because they are your best resource, and spot always looking at the money!

Other Employee Reviews for Medidata Solutions

"Politics, politics, politics"

Pros

Really smart, passionate, mostly nice co-workers. Company is very successful and we do a great job for our customers in all ways.

Cons

There are two major cons. One is that if you don't play politics, you will not have a career with this company. In fact, if you are not on the "good side" of the President of the company, which has very little to do with actual performance (has everything to do with being his drinking buddy), you could be fired with no notice, no warning, nothing. The second con is that HR has gone downhill in the past 6-12 months. From the head of HR to the staff in that department, no one really knows HR or especially how to deal with employees. You can't talk to anyone anymore, and you feel like you are bothering them when you have a question. And most companies feel HR is the most important department and should be one of the positive aspects of the culture! It's really not what it used to be.

Advice to Management

Re-vamp HR. Build a culture of merit and accomplishment, not cronyism.

"Overall experience still needs improvement."

Pros

- You get to work along side with some talented people.
    - Part of the company culture is to encourage open dialogue with management, take risks - don't be afraid of failure, and think outside the box.
    - The work environment is relaxed and I would say becoming similar to other big tech companies.

Cons

- Once young talent is hired, not enough coaching to take to the next level. In general, once you're hired, there's not enough development. There are resources made available, but don't have the time to take advantage.
    - There is not much job security. As the company grows, there are many changes / reorganizations.
    - The flip side of encouraging employees in taking risks -- if you don't succeed, you are not look upon favorably. There is too much pressure and little time to make mistakes.
    - Although the culture is to have open dialogue (from worker bees going up the chain), I don't see this happening as most people I've seen are afraid to go to their managers to discuss problems.
    - There is not much opportunity to be promoted. However, there are more opportunities to move laterally.

Advice to Management

In terms of company growth, continue with current direction. However, if you want happier employees, enforce what you preach.