Medidata Solutions - Great work environment for engineers getting their feet wet with cloud computing. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medidata Solutions

"Great work environment for engineers getting their feet wet with cloud computing."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has provided me the best work experience I have had to date in the corporate world. My engineering colleagues at Medidata are brilliant and knowledgeable, but more importantly, they are also highly collaborative, eager to share information, and enjoyable to be around. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement. You'll work hard, but you'll also be recognized for doing so.

Cons

Not many negatives -- I feel I can recommend working at Medidata to friends and colleagues without reservation. The company could do a bit more outreach to recruit female engineers, IMHO. I believe HR is taking steps in that direction.

Advice to Management

Management has a few shining stars -- extremely competent in engineering and also great at working with and motivating people (I was lucky to work directly with one of them before he was promoted to higher position). Senior management should look to those few folks for direction and as templates for hiring other line managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Medidata Solutions

"Dynamic team of smart professionals who work hard and play even harder!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary, opportunity for growth, location, people!

Cons

The company has a start-up tech vibe that is slowly moving into more of a corporate organization. Don't lose the vibe.

Advice to Management

Senior management is laser focused on continuing to grow the company and making it the the best place to work in life sciences. Keep up the good work!

"Medidata Solutions NOT a good place to work!!!!"

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People at Medidata are friendly and I made some great friends there. Some people have the opportunity to work from home (that was not my experience) when they are not needed in the office. Competitive salaries and overall pay is decent. Rave is a great product and very nice to work with.

Cons

The more you give the company the more they want from you. Managers are not all open door policy, and they are looking at the bottom line and they don't care about their employees. I had a micro manager that is a total control freak. My manager would tell you what to put in an email and what to say to the client, because you are not competent to do it yourself. When not needed in the office we still have to be in the office, when we could perform our job from home. Expectations are crazy there and they continue to want people to know more and do more every time. Most of the people in the department leave because of this situation, yet higher management does not see this. I have to say that they are also very shady in some of their processes.

Advice to Management

To upper management take a really great look at your Directors and see the dead wood. You need to clean house! Some are just collecting a salary and do nothing....Tell them to go back to caring about your employees because they are your best resource, and spot always looking at the money!