Medidata Solutions - Fantastic culture and commitment to the development of employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medidata Solutions

"Fantastic culture and commitment to the development of employees."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is making more investments to improve the employee experience. It has lavish parties, a swanky new office space with a roof deck, game room, and showers, has implemented a new employee stock purchase plan, and allocates a decent amount to professional development. Everyone strives to foster a hard-working, yet fun environment. I can always trust my peers to have my back. I am learning something new every day. It helps that my direct managers are excellent leaders and they always have their door open if I ever need career or any other kind of advice.

Cons

Depending on your department and the people with whom you work, your experience might differ. Sometimes it takes senior management a while to acknowledge it needs changes and also to reward you for your contributions. There does seem to be nepotism involved when people get promoted. In order to get ahead, I've only not had to work extremely hard, but also play the game to be noticed.

Advice to Management

Not everyone is a natural born leader. Some people have to develop their skills; others do not fit the mold. Take strides develop different career paths for leaders vs individual contributors. Put the right people in leadership positions so that they, their subordinates, and the company as a whole can flourish.

Other Employee Reviews for Medidata Solutions

"A company having growing pains"

Former Employee - Member of R&D in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Member of R&D in New York, NY

I worked at Medidata Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Great work/life balance
    *Opportunities to meet and work with people from all different areas of the company
    *Opportunities to meet and interact with corporate executives
    *Amazing new corporate HQ in NYC
    *Work on products that can affect peoples lives.

Cons

*Three reorganizations/restructures in the last 15 months.
    *Only beginning to care about personal growth within the company
    *Top heavy on management

Advice to Management

They always talk about the good stuff happening in the company but they don't about the difficult or bad stuff. Need to figure out the company structure and explain to employees what all the restructuring is about.

"Please avoid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company with a great company mission - to help save and enhance quality of life. We do a great job for our customers because we care about their success. Great products and services, and some nice new office space globally.

Cons

The cons all center around a bad company culture, which includes politics, favoritism, and an ineffective HR department that has gone severely downhill in the last year+. First, if you want to advance at this company, what you need to do is get in good with executive management, and that has nothing to do with doing a great job and working hard; you have to play politics and be a "yes man". It's all about kissing up and favoritism. Second, with the new head of HR, there have been many "initiatives" and very little if any success in any of them. HR used to be a very effective, trusted, successful department, but no more. Last, rumor and gossip seem to fuel this company, coming mostly from the head of HR and shockingly, from those closest to the CEO and President including executive management and the executive assistant.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with respect to how we treat our customers and how innovative we are as a company. Please improve HR back to the way it was, because the culture has gone downhill at the same time as the new HR department came in, and that can't be a coincidence.