Medidata Solutions - Excellent!! | Glassdoor

"Excellent!!"

Pros

Too many to list, what I liked best was the bonus and generous time off.

Cons

None that I wish to share in this forum except LONG hours

Advice to Management

They claim they have an open door policy but that is just smoke and mirrors.

Other Employee Reviews for Medidata Solutions

"Please don't work at Medidata"

Pros

Use of modern technology. Pay is towards top of the market. If you are an long-term employee you were probably promoted many times.

Cons

Long hours. Too many mid level managers. Sales and Engineering departments matter, the rest are unimportant. Few career paths.

I don't recommend working at Medidata.

Advice to Management

More matters than the stock price. Listen to your employees, not HR.

"Please avoid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company with a great company mission - to help save and enhance quality of life. We do a great job for our customers because we care about their success. Great products and services, and some nice new office space globally.

Cons

The cons all center around a bad company culture, which includes politics, favoritism, and an ineffective HR department that has gone severely downhill in the last year+. First, if you want to advance at this company, what you need to do is get in good with executive management, and that has nothing to do with doing a great job and working hard; you have to play politics and be a "yes man". It's all about kissing up and favoritism. Second, with the new head of HR, there have been many "initiatives" and very little if any success in any of them. HR used to be a very effective, trusted, successful department, but no more. Last, rumor and gossip seem to fuel this company, coming mostly from the head of HR and shockingly, from those closest to the CEO and President including executive management and the executive assistant.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with respect to how we treat our customers and how innovative we are as a company. Please improve HR back to the way it was, because the culture has gone downhill at the same time as the new HR department came in, and that can't be a coincidence.