Medidata Solutions - Please avoid | Glassdoor

"Please avoid"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company with a great company mission - to help save and enhance quality of life. We do a great job for our customers because we care about their success. Great products and services, and some nice new office space globally.

Cons

The cons all center around a bad company culture, which includes politics, favoritism, and an ineffective HR department that has gone severely downhill in the last year+. First, if you want to advance at this company, what you need to do is get in good with executive management, and that has nothing to do with doing a great job and working hard; you have to play politics and be a "yes man". It's all about kissing up and favoritism. Second, with the new head of HR, there have been many "initiatives" and very little if any success in any of them. HR used to be a very effective, trusted, successful department, but no more. Last, rumor and gossip seem to fuel this company, coming mostly from the head of HR and shockingly, from those closest to the CEO and President including executive management and the executive assistant.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with respect to how we treat our customers and how innovative we are as a company. Please improve HR back to the way it was, because the culture has gone downhill at the same time as the new HR department came in, and that can't be a coincidence.

Other Employee Reviews for Medidata Solutions

"Not the place to work, under any circumstances…."

Current Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Salaries are competitive, but you pay in your soul.

Cons

In the past year and 3 months, the company has taken a serious turn for the worse. The environment has become hostile and many employees are in fear of loosing their job, if they haven't already.

The Product development team suffers from poor leadership at the top. The Product itself has significant quality and reliability issues as can be confirmed by the customer base. The software development team can not get organized in order to fix significant problems with the application, and the customer suffers.

The Executive team can not seem to hire talented leaders to pull the company together. The recent effort has backfired on the Executive team and there will be a price to pay very shortly.

Unfortunately, the customer base will feel most of the pain for misguided, unqualified leadership throughout the company.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure the Executive management team is even listening, but in a nut shell, take a step back and start over!!!

"The best company I've ever worked for!"

I have been working at Medidata Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits and compensation packages are excellent; laid back attitude; open to new ideas; embraces innovation in their core infrastructure; corporate promises are actually realized in corporate policies (e.g. they walk the walk)

Cons

None, that I've experienced so far.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Transparency and genuine interest in the welfare of your employees is important and evident in how you operate!