Medifast - Terrible | Glassdoor

"Terrible"

I worked at Medifast (More than 3 years)

Pros

I develops a support structure myself with other employees

Cons

Too many to name in this little space

Advice to Management

Give up already

Other Employee Reviews for Medifast

"Worst Management of a Company ever"

Former Employee - Senior Counselor
    Former Employee - Senior Counselor

I worked at Medifast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was decent. Pretty solid benefits in terms of health care and paid time off accrued for full time employees.

Cons

The center managers run their centers without any guidance or structure from corporate. Often the women running these centers are incompetent idiots who dont have two brain cells together. The centers are run on a culture of catty behavior. Everything is personal. If you suck up and disregard all sense of self-respect you will go far. If you have a brain and can think for yourself and voice this out loud you will be shunned, you will be denied holidays requested, and often you will be unfairly passed over for bonuses. Job is often monotonous. I was asked to lie to our members by my manager. You often spend a large portion of your day calling old members begging them to rejoin. You will have to clean bathrooms and also simultaneously be expected to be dressed in a blazer and business professional attire.

Advice to Management

Do not hire high school dropouts to run your centers. They are mostly idiots and do not know how to manage a staff of intelligent caring young ladies. You are a business that is devoted to health care and you need to treat your members like people, not dollar bills.

2. "Not a true management position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Medifast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun team members. Rewarding when you see people make positive changes with their health and lifestyle.

Cons

No consistency. Unrealistic goals set by upper management. Lack of actual management from upper management. No true business plan in place. Center Managers and Assistant Sales Managers are not able to make any decisions without approval from District or Regional Management, even with things as simple as the schedule.

Advice to Management

Listen to center staff input more directly as thisese are the people living and breathing the business day to day. Let center management actually manage their business instead of being just space fillers in a center.