Medisca - Team Player Environment | Glassdoor

"Team Player Environment"

Current Employee - Assistant to the Vice President in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Assistant to the Vice President in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Medisca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I come from a customer service background and I must say that I have never experienced this type of training before. From the minute I started my first day, to the end of the week - My days were filled with meeting with the most wonderful group of individuals I have ever experienced in a business environment. They were passionate, happy and willing to go the extra mile to ensure that I understood their department and what they did to enhance the company. Even extending a helping hand after my training to make sure that I succeed in my new role. I am sorry to say that this is rare in a company to find this kind of passion and refreshing to know that it still exists. You can see that this passion starts at the top and each and every member of this team has a great attitude – follow by example!

Cons

There are no Cons to my experience - I believe every company should take some advice from these individuals, as they are Customer Service Driven!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, as you are "leading by example" which shows through all your team members.

Other Employee Reviews for Medisca

"I love what I do but the Sales Manager was not honest about the pay or the opportunity for growth."

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

It's a good entry level job to get experience in pharmaceutical and medical device sales.

Cons

The commissions are extremely low so it is hard to stay motivated and there is no incentive to overachieve. There is no training on products or proper product support. They like to micromanage to the point of feeling inadequate. Management demands products and information in untimely manner without proper guidance or explanation of the benefits. There is no employee benefits so good luck on retirement.

Advice to Management

Take some sales management courses and devise a commission structure that will reward your sales people for all their hard work. Make goals attainable and the pay out worth while. Come up with accelerators and Presidents Clubs and other incentives to keep sales people motivated. Offer constructive criticism and ask for feedback on making the company better.

2. "An enriching experience that has allowed me to grow my professional career"

I have been working at Medisca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-location
    -amazing colleagues that have become great friends
    -a growing company that has gone from 200 to 500 employees world wide since I started
    -very flexible management that are willing to work with your needs
    -extensive training for new employees
    -a company that listens to your ideas

Cons

-the only con that I had was they only offered 2 weeks vacation but now you get 3 weeks, which is perfect.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction you have been going to ensure employee retention.