Medisca - I love what I do but the Sales Manager was not honest about the pay or the opportunity for growth. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medisca

"I love what I do but the Sales Manager was not honest about the pay or the opportunity for growth."

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Territory Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

It's a good entry level job to get experience in pharmaceutical and medical device sales.

Cons

The commissions are extremely low so it is hard to stay motivated and there is no incentive to overachieve. There is no training on products or proper product support. They like to micromanage to the point of feeling inadequate. Management demands products and information in untimely manner without proper guidance or explanation of the benefits. There is no employee benefits so good luck on retirement.

Advice to Management

Take some sales management courses and devise a commission structure that will reward your sales people for all their hard work. Make goals attainable and the pay out worth while. Come up with accelerators and Presidents Clubs and other incentives to keep sales people motivated. Offer constructive criticism and ask for feedback on making the company better.

Other Employee Reviews for Medisca

1. "An enriching experience that has allowed me to grow my professional career"

I have been working at Medisca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-location
    -amazing colleagues that have become great friends
    -a growing company that has gone from 200 to 500 employees world wide since I started
    -very flexible management that are willing to work with your needs
    -extensive training for new employees
    -a company that listens to your ideas

Cons

-the only con that I had was they only offered 2 weeks vacation but now you get 3 weeks, which is perfect.

Advice to Management

Keep going in the direction you have been going to ensure employee retention.

2. "Perspective"

I have been working at Medisca full-time

Pros

There are 40+ reviews on here , spanning multiple years. The majority of them seem to come from a small group of disgruntled people. Medisca is in multiple countries, with hundreds and hundreds of employees across the world. Not everyone will be happy, at any job, but most of us are. Like any company things can be improved, like any company there are good employees, good managers and there are great ones. Take what you read on here with grain of salt, meet us and then come to your own conclusions.

Cons

You can read enough about the "cons" in the other reviews.

Advice to Management

Continue to make positive changes, be open to more suggestions, keep the business growing and the culture will evolve over time.