Meditech - Great company, Great people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Meditech

"Great company, Great people"

Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Westwood, MA
Current Employee - Applications Specialist in Westwood, MA

Pros

Overall, Meditech is a great company to work for. Management is very easy going and you are not "Micro-managed" like some public corporations that I have worked at (Fidelity comes to mind), therefore, my overall job experience has been much better. I actually enjoy coming to work everyday. The benefits are great, and being an implementation specialist, gives me great benefits in free airline mileage. It's also fun to travel around the country and explore different regions. The are very good about sick days, vacation days, and leaving early. As long as I work 8 hours/day they are flexible if I have to leave early or come in late for some reason. Another great benefit is after 3 years you can Telecommute one or two days a week! That saves tons in gas money and who wouldn't want to watch espn from your couch while you work!

Cons

The only downside really is the pay. Although, It is comparable to many companies and even some times more, 36000/year to start is not enough. The raises are also flawed. They say they give out raises in increments of 1200, 2400, 3600 for first year employees, however, everyone gets 2400 regardless of performance. I know for a fact that I have out performed some people who have received the same raise as me. I also think that raises should be a percentage of salary, not an incremented number. There will come a time where 2400 is less then 3% of your salary and therefore less then the average inflation rate. Then I will be looking for a new job because I will technically be losing money by staying.

Advice to Management

Take quarterly and annual reviews more seriously. Reward people who are clearly out performing others. Do not just give everyone a $2400 because you want to stay within your budget and not make someone mad. Meditech as a whole should start doing raises as a percentage of salary.

Other Employee Reviews for Meditech

"Meditech, very stable, family friendly and pleasant work environment, sub-par salaries and un-even middle-management"

Former Employee - Director in Westwood, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Westwood, MA

Pros

Very successful company financially. If you work hard AND are part of the right reporting chain you'll get recognition and rewards for your efforts. If you aren't in this position, you could have all the potential in the world and just not have the opportunities that others who work in a well managed division receive.

Cons

Although the benefits, pleasant work environment and potential for advancement are all there, salaries are way out of line with the industry. I spent a great amount of time analyzing compensation in the industry and Meditech is dismally below par. The expectation on the part of the company is that people will purchase stock as a means to share in the company's success. The reality is that the take-home pay is so low, that people have little money left to invest in company stock.

Advice to Management

Offer more financial incentives to staff so that they can earn a real "living wage". The company is only going to be as good as the staff that makes up the organization. You've got to take care of them financially as well as in a "feel good" way. Otherwise, once people have a few years experience, they can leave the company and double their salary overnight.

"Good recognition, but not for bright programmers...there's better work elsewhere. Poor senior management."

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Norwood, MA
    Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Norwood, MA

Pros

Programmers are trained well for the job they are supposed to do. You're paid for the training. The company is flexible and supervisors and managers are very understanding.

Cons

The pay is very sub-par, compared to other companies with similar jobs. Not all employees get along well. I feel that a good deal of the employees seem to be undertrained in what they are supposed to do.

Advice to Management

There are some major changes that are needed on the lower end of the scale. I'm slowly watching the staff dwindle, whether it be transferring within the company or leaving the company. At this point, I think some serious changes are needed to redistribute work more evenly.