Medtronic - It was very educational and I moved elsewhere to further my opportunity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

"It was very educational and I moved elsewhere to further my opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Medtronic is one of the best Fortune 500 companies to work for in the medical industry. I never had a bad experience while I was there and they always treated me fairly when it came to sales territory and job tasks.

Cons

The only con I can think of wasn't first hand, but it still is a game of office politics. Some other sales reps made their numbers, and really did a great job but were passed up on promotions for the cheaper alternative of new-hires from other companies.

Advice to Management

Management should keep on doing what they are doing, but start to address a better system of promoting sales reps. I guess that's a lot to ask for because there really are a bit of office politics in every high-level job these days.

Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic

"Company too big, bogged down with red tape; little room for advancement."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Fairly good work/life balance; executive management good. Mid-level management not so good.

Cons

There's no such thing as being frank and forthright. If one person messes up, everyone is supposed to "share" the blame. Company ethics questionable.

Advice to Management

Be more selective in whom you promote.

"OK but ...."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, MA

Pros

Willingness to spend money when necessary on software, materials, and training. Flexiable hours to for work/life balance. On the tail end of migrating from small shop to corporate culture transition. Very friendly people and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Very politically correct. Extremely sensitive to innocent mistakes.

Advice to Management

Deadlines do slip for reasons outside of people's control. Give the managers some slack.