Medtronic - Medtronic is a great company to work for, practicing what it preaches in it's mission statement. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

"Medtronic is a great company to work for, practicing what it preaches in it's mission statement."

Current Employee - Medical Device Sales in Long Island City, NY
Current Employee - Medical Device Sales in Long Island City, NY

Pros

You're helping people live the mission of the company. Alleviating pain, restoring health, and extending life. I get to help someone's mother, father, husband or wife live a longer life. When a whole family is afflicted with a genetic abnormality and our device can help them live out their lives for the most part normally, it's a good feeling to be apart of that.

Cons

Keeping the customers and patients expectations within realistic limits of machine/ human capability. When we have a recall all hell breaks loose. There's a lot of men in this industry and you especially notice this at national meetings. Medtronic as I'm sure other companies still have a long way to go in equality.

Advice to Management

Please don't lie to the field force, it doesn't help us win over customers.

Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic

1. "I'm glad to work for Medtronic"

Current Employee - Senior Reliability Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Reliability Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

it provides very good benefit

Cons

The company is too structured.

Advice to Management

haven't got anything yet

"If you like being frustrated..."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Northridge, CA

Pros

The diabetes division of Medtronic has a clear mission, a high degree of support for R&D, and lots of smart people.

Cons

While there are a lot of internal users, Marketing is disconnected from outside patients and R&D; R&D is insular and run by a tyrant; top management is mostly ineffectual in combating "us vs. them" attitudes within the facility at all levels. The products haven't changed significantly in seven years or so. There is poor information sharing with other divisions.

Advice to Management

Drive R&D personnel to study real patients outside of the facility. Make usability and appeal cornerstones of a new approach to product development. Sideline any manager or above who retards this effort.