Medtronic - My honesty resulted in my contract getting terminated | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

"My honesty resulted in my contract getting terminated"

Former Contractor - I T Field Sales Support Analyst in Columbia Heights, Anoka, MN

I worked at Medtronic as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. The team I worked with were collaborative and helpful, always willing to help if I had an end-user situation I wasn't sure how to handle.

Cons

Little to no communication from management.

Advice to Management

Learn to become more collaborative and flexible with your contractors. They make up a good percentage of your I.T. workforce, and if you penalize them for moonlighting or looking for extra hours elsewhere, you're going to develop a bad reputation. People willing to take on contract work do it largely because they have no choice, thanks to this "new" economy of ours. You need to adjust your managerial style to be more open and understanding, or you're going to lose good contractors to other companies. We DO talk amongst ourselves, you know.

Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic

"Almost there..."

Former Contractor - Digital Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Contractor - Digital Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Medtronic as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very talented work force. Inspired products and stories. Supportive environment for staff and Medtronic employees.

Cons

Lacks shared vision for future. Difficult environment for contractors. Lot's of political loop holes. Unfortunately, staff turnover is seldom, which is good for those employees but some turnover may spur more creative solutions and business acumen.

Advice to Management

Shuffle employee talent to get more exposure and diverse experience across business segments. Keeps employees motivated and fresh.

2. "Overall positive experience with good pay"

Former Intern - Analyst Intern in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Intern - Analyst Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Medtronic as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was great. Job opportunities as well are great. Overall had a positive experience with everything. Great training tools, development programs that support continuing education.

Cons

The work environment was hectic, stressful with little to none work life balance. The atmosphere was extremely tense and pressured to meet expectations. No personal experience, however have witnessed extremely unprofessional and volatile behavior from management.

Advice to Management

Would recommend pursuing a resolution to lessen the stressed and pressured atmosphere and emphasize solutions that could consider more work life balance.