Medtronic - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

"The Good, The Bad and the Ugly."

Current Employee - Technician in Juncos, PR
Current Employee - Technician in Juncos, PR

I have been working at Medtronic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medtronic has pretty good benefits like performance bonus and good health plans. The salary is really not bad when compared to other companies in the area.

Cons

The problem at Medtronic has more to due with the way the company is run locally. The local management are a bunch of yes men. What ever upper management wants the local management just says yes without thinking things completely or caring about what is actually possible for the production personal to do. They make promises that we can not actually keep and when it doesn't get done it's always our fault and not theirs.

Advice to Management

Try to see if what you promise is actually doable and don't embark in things without the support of the people who are actually doing the work because if it get done management celebrates because the made it happen but if it doesn't get done it's always the production personal fault and we get punished or blamed always.

Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic

"Great people, a little slow to improve tools and processes, common for such a large group."

I worked at Medtronic full-time

Pros

I never felt like a small fish in a large pond. People at all levels of management were engaged and there were ample opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Communication runs both ways. We heard from management a great deal, which is good, but management didn't seem too interested in what the employees had to say. This will vary from department to department.

Advice to Management

Elicit and consider employee feedback.

"Overall, pretty satisfied after many years at the company."

Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Market Research Analyst in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Medtronic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping patients get access to Medtronic therapies. Fairly stable company, great health, vision, and dental benefits. Overall not a bad place to work.

Cons

Too many politics, unbalanced work load (some are swamped, many are barely busy), too big, corporate controls too many aspects of the business, too many presentations.

Advice to Management

Things need to change - the sales force has been spoiled for too long and don't work hard enough to support the goals of the company. There are people in Memphis who bust their tails trying to help sales while those guys are getting paid tons of money without and recourse if they don't hit quota.