Medtronic - It would be a great place to work if everyone wasn't worrid to get layed off all the time! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Medtronic

"It would be a great place to work if everyone wasn't worrid to get layed off all the time!"

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant III in Mounds View, MN
Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant III in Mounds View, MN

I have been working at Medtronic as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very talented workers, the end result of your work is to save other peoples lives, you gain a lot of useful experience. Lots of new opportunities and room for growth and development.

Cons

The company is ran poorly- too many people in upper management- need to level the management staff, unstable working environment/yearly reduction in force in the people who are actually doing the work that matters and keeping paying huge salaries and living expenses for directors and VP's who live out of state and travel back and forth each week. I put a lot of myself into this company and got very little back.

Advice to Management

Many jobs could be saved if someone really spent the money from the budgets the way it should be spent... Cut back on the meeting catering and living expenses for higher ups and keep some people who are actually worth the money.

Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic

1. "Ever-evolving, always moving"

Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Medtronic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

i love the employees in my district.

Cons

you don't know what you dont know
    advance by making mistakes

Advice to Management

get rid of the legacy reps that kill morale to build their own ego

2. "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly."

Current Employee - Technician in Juncos, PR
    Current Employee - Technician in Juncos, PR

I have been working at Medtronic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medtronic has pretty good benefits like performance bonus and good health plans. The salary is really not bad when compared to other companies in the area.

Cons

The problem at Medtronic has more to due with the way the company is run locally. The local management are a bunch of yes men. What ever upper management wants the local management just says yes without thinking things completely or caring about what is actually possible for the production personal to do. They make promises that we can not actually keep and when it doesn't get done it's always our fault and not theirs.

Advice to Management

Try to see if what you promise is actually doable and don't embark in things without the support of the people who are actually doing the work because if it get done management celebrates because the made it happen but if it doesn't get done it's always the production personal fault and we get punished or blamed always.