Medtronic - manage 16 people | Glassdoor

"manage 16 people"

Current Employee - Management in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Management in Memphis, TN

Pros

dependable great benefits retirment plan pay is very good can climb the ladder if you are a self starter and easly modivated

Cons

never finish work not long enough breaks not everyone does their job to the fullest could have better hours and less travel need a private jet

Advice to Management

Let the people you manage do the work and you just manage them, Always seek advice from your peers that have had some previous experience

Other Employee Reviews for Medtronic

1. "Medtronic is a inovative company that is striving to help extend the lives of people around the world."

Former Employee - Manufacturing Specialist in Santa Rosa, CA
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Specialist in Santa Rosa, CA

Pros

I produced and packaged medical devices that help save and extend peoples lives. I felt my job done each day was morally and mentally satisfying. I enjoyed the yearly bonuses and the benifit package Medtronic offered. The shifts avalible and vacation time offered were a plus to me and my life needs.My supervisor earned my respect and full support because they spent time on the floor and observed the workers every day. They complemented us and thanked us for all our work.

Cons

Not enough sick time. You build medical devices that go into the human body, if your sick you cannot work. The pay increases were not that great and only came anually. Not enough communication between departments.

Advice to Management

Praise the production workers and all their support persons. Without them you have no buisness. Be seen more at the work place. Communicate more often to the workers, it makes them feel comfortable and confident in the company.

"Mediocrity at its finest!"

Current Employee - Diabetes Therapy Associate in Northridge, CA
    Current Employee - Diabetes Therapy Associate in Northridge, CA

Pros

Excellent benefits
    Nice facilities
    Regular hours
    Stable company
    Below average stress level

Cons

Bad pay
    Limited opportunity for advancement
    Limited exit opportunities
    Poor management and leadership
    Mundane work

Advice to Management

Culture needs an overhaul. I felt like I was in high school. Any one with any talent at all leaves this place within a year. Pay structure needs a huge revision. Promote based on merit. There are too many incompetent leaders at this place.