Meggitt Defense Systems - Upper management dropped the ball, then forgot to try to pick it up. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Meggitt Defense Systems

"Upper management dropped the ball, then forgot to try to pick it up."

Current Employee - Engineer in Suwanee, GA
Current Employee - Engineer in Suwanee, GA

Pros

Regardless of the rumor mill seeding worries of downsizing, the company has been a stable place to work.

Cons

Unless you are a direct part of a specific internal group, then success in the company will only come if you threaten to leave, or leave and come back. You have to get promoted to get a raise, it seems, and to some, regardless of how much or how little of a benefit they are to the company as a whole, get promotions to positions that seem pointless. I would think someone placed in a director position would be in charge of directing something, but I could be wrong.

Advice to Management

Our product is very customer driven, to the point that contractual agreements are not so strictly adhered to during production. At some point, we need upper management to step in and negotiate with the customers, instead of letting the customer keep red-lining our costs.

Other Employee Reviews for Meggitt Defense Systems

1. "Production trainee"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Meggitt Defense Systems as an intern

Pros

- Possibility to work in a great team
    - Organized general procedures
    - Approachable persons working in a higher position in the hierarchy

Cons

- As a trainee sometimes monotonous work, but actually one can not expect anything more. The work must have been done and someone has to do it.

Advice to Management

Former management was great but I can not rate the management of today since the ownership changed a couple of years ago for the first time and a couple of month ago for the second time.

2. "Soul sucking job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Meggitt Defense Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good location, some employees are pleasant to work for. Lots of parking. Close to the highway. Close to good restaurants.

Cons

Poor upper management, too much office politics happening at all times, the environment is enough to make you want to hang yourself. I can go on, but I don't think I have enough space.

Advice to Management

Get someone who knows how to run a company!