Meijer - A day in life of a deli worker | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Meijer

"A day in life of a deli worker"

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Traverse City, MI
Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Traverse City, MI

I worked at Meijer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I had fun meeting and working with people. I would say most of my retail and customer experience has come from being an employee. I would however recommend that if you think of working here, that you loose your common sense because you won't need it here.

Cons

The normal work drag. Long hours, low pay and no appreciation for what you have done by the upper level people.

Advice to Management

Get a hold of your people and tell them to work with each other and not fight with one another.

Other Employee Reviews for Meijer

1. "Bad place where Employees get treated like dirt."

Current Employee - Utility Worker in Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Utility Worker in Portage, MI

I have been working at Meijer part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some friendly Co-workers, Family members work there too.

Cons

LOTS AND LOTS of hate and disrespect everywhere. You do backbreaking work in one department namely receiving then they send you to Cart Pusher with no hope of getting back your $8.75 pay an hour being stuck at $8.25 an hour for max seniority at Cart Pusher. They push alot of work onto you while others in the same department are slacking off and chit chatting. Lot of behind the back talk everywhere in the place and the leaders are nothing but disrespect-able people. If you looking for a quick job this is it. but I suggest not staying here in the long run Esp. if it's the Shaver Road Meijer.
     They THREATEN you to do a task that you are not trained / entitled to do if not they will fire you on the spot.

Advice to Management

Treat your seniors with respect and treat everyone fairly...If not more bad word is spreading everywhere and even if I lose this job I will spread the word about all the injustice and the humilties that I went through in this place.

2. "Unrfair"

Former Employee - Cashier in Bolingbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Bolingbrook, IL

I worked at Meijer part-time

Pros

Started out as a good place to work

Cons

Management not doing their job. Upper management expecting so much with little funding. No pat on the back for employees when they go above and beyond the call of duty.

Advice to Management

Be there when staff needs you. Give them the pat on the back