Meijer - Experience at Meijer | Glassdoor

"Experience at Meijer"

Current Employee - Technical in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Technical in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Meijer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Appears stable environment. Doesn't encourage sexual minorities

Cons

Very rigid environment. Too many old mentalities

Advice to Management

More flexible

Other Employee Reviews for Meijer

1. "Unethical"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bloomingdale, IL

I have been working at Meijer full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is no good thing I have experienced in 10 years of working with Meijer.

Cons

The management is very unethical. No promotion unless you kiss their ass and not work hard. They don't hire right people on right time. Leaders Focus on what the corporate are expecting from store leader and ignore the team member issues. Corporate have no idea how the store runs. Cuts hours and expect more from hard working team members while ignore the TM they don't make effort. It's very unethical place to work even threaten the team member. I have shown interest in leadership and its been 5 years but no sign of promotion. When I approach to my lines leader with the problems in dept. I was told just ignore all this and focus on your work this way you will move up. I was left with a missing pay of 1 day for 3 month until I raised my voice. This clearly explains they don't value employe and their issues aren't taken care of.

Advice to Management

Pay employee with extra skill such as forklift drivers, order writer, inventory analyst. Hire right team member and team leaders. approach team member problem equally as you would do for customers. make all department base pay equal or stop making a low base pay TM work at higher base pay. You need to spend more on ethics because that the human right and strengthen the moral within the team. Have a survey taken by TM every month about their team leaders. They should be able to give survey on all leaders in the store as well store director not just their 1st assistant. Cut down unwanted management position and bring in more team member. unwanted position such as lines leader store director in charge day and night. lines leader and store director job can be carried out by store director. lines leader and store director jobs are already being carried out by department team leaders. few of the department leader's jobs are carried out by order writer and inventory analyst for that reason pay extra for jobs that require extra skills. You are underpaying for such skill. higher your moral and lower unethical just like you tell the world "higher standards lower price". Stop your mystery shopper and the percentage bonus given on it and spend the money in supervising the ethics involved inside the store. stop bothering the store with white gloves, Meijer brand sales, audit because the leader practice it only when the upper management are visiting or such audit are coming. I believe such contest are important but whats the point when management does work for looking good rather than working towards being good and improvement. I want Meijer to be strong and survive because its gives jobs to more than 60000 lives. This Nation needs generals that can guide their solider to ethical wars of economy while other troops are guarding the borders.We all are solider and lets shows equal respect to each other.

2. "Okay place to work"

Current Employee - Cart Pusher in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Cart Pusher in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Meijer part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair and room for growth.

Cons

Not enough hours in summer

Advice to Management

Communicate more with employees on a regular basis