Melmark New England - Careful balance is key here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Melmark New England

"Careful balance is key here."

Former Employee - ABA Residential Counselor in Andover, MA
Former Employee - ABA Residential Counselor in Andover, MA

Pros

Great benefits, Great Salary, Overtime if you want it, paid meetings, ability to make a lot of money if you want to put the time and effort in, HR is spot on with hiring great people.

Cons

Serious behavioral interventions, not for the pee and pooh and rarely blood shy, clothing reimbursement isn't inflation friendly, required to work Christmas week. The random "go to house X" instead of your main house.

Advice to Management

It is hard, but a quicker turnaround for newer behaviors. Loosening up of some rules. Treating some facilities as you do the kids, unique and requiring their own rules.

Other Employee Reviews for Melmark New England

"The Home That Love Built!"

I have been working at Melmark New England full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Melmark for a little over 13 years. Melmark is a phenomenal company to work for, supporting employees through graduate school programs, providing BCBA supervision and on-going training and professional development. If you are willing to work hard and want a career, Melmark is the place to be. Working with this population can be a challenge, but the team atmosphere and supportive colleagues, supervisors and administration make it easier and a great work environment. Melmark's school and residential programs truly encompass what Melmark, Inc was originally build as, "The Home That Love Built".

Cons

There are no cons to employment at Melmark.

"Lead Special Education Teacher"

I worked at Melmark New England full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing community of both coworkers and students. The services they provide are the best I have seen, including specialty services like SLP, OT, and PT. They have a significant number of BCBAs on staff and all of the administrators are highly qualified and experienced. They have the students best interests all the time and have developed a program to increase a students independence in all areas of their life. I truely miss working there, I miss my classroom staff and the other ABA counselors that have dedicated their time to ensure consistency and high quality of education is always provided. I miss my supervisors who taught me more about myself and my own abilities than I thought I had. I worked there for nearly 6 years, I started as an ABA counselor and worked myself up. I had a child with a medical issue and the support of the administrators and my supervisors was outstanding. The CEO of the company reached out to me with support and guidance. There are always people who hate their jobs or find faults in a company as there are always those who see things quite differently, is it easy work? No. Is there a high level of expectations? Yes, as there should be though!

Cons

Lots of work but completely do-able if you have good time management skills

Advice to Management

Keep it up, if I hadn't moved I'd still be there. Parents love the school, they place the care and welfare of their children in your hands and it is clear you don't take that responsibility lightly. As for treatment of your staff? I think there are small things that everyone would like to be different but honestly, it wouldn't be possible (e.g. School teachers to go to res houses on snow days).