MelroseWakefield Healthcare - Reputation is Fading FAST | Glassdoor

"Reputation is Fading FAST"

Current Employee - Manager in Medford, MA

I have been working at MelroseWakefield Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've met some great people here.

Cons

Company was mismanaged for years, and they are now attempting to balance the budget by overloading employees at every level, sometimes at the expense of patient care. If you like doing 5 jobs at once, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

When I started at Hallmark, it was named one of the Best Places to Work in Massachusetts. Turnover was very low, and the culture was fun and supportive. Now, people are just trying to survive every day, and are burned out beyond belief. I've never seen a place go downhill so fast, and have never worked in such a dour and negative environment. Balancing the budget at the cost of your employees' satisfaction is a... slippery slope, and I think the reputation of the hospital is at stake. The system is losing some very talented employees, and I am also on my way out the door at the first opportunity I get.

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2018-04-19

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great career"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at MelroseWakefield Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Vested frontline leadership and executive team. CEO is a nurse. Family atmosphere. Emphasis on quality of care and growth.

Cons

Can think of none. Same challenges as in healthcare everywhere today.

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2019-05-10
  2. "Emergency Room"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse, Critical Care in Melrose, MA

I have been working at MelroseWakefield Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

ER nurses and manager are all awesome

Cons

Paper charting, barely any help with patients, no supplies, and only one doctor on.

Advice to Management

Nurses won’t stay if they are not paid accordingly

MelroseWakefield Healthcare2019-05-08

Discover more reviews about MelroseWakefield Healthcare.