Meltwater - Great people. Fun Culture. Excellent First Job. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Meltwater

"Great people. Fun Culture. Excellent First Job."

Former Employee - Sales Manager

Pros

-Strong pay if you are a top performer
-Great Culture
-Opportunity to Manage at a Young Age
-Learn a lot about business through the news

Cons

-Horrible HR Infrastructure
-Very political
-Can be lags in product development

Advice to Management

Be more candid with your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Meltwater

"Steep learning curve"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tokyo (Japan)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Tokyo (Japan)

Pros

Basically everyone at Meltwater starts out in sales, so if you're not keen on this then this is probably not the company for you.

The job requires a lot of stamina, but if you're happy to persevere then there's a lot to learn and the company will throw a lot of opportunities (promotion, travel, responsibility) your way.

Cons

You can keep good work-life balance at Meltwater, but you have to work at it because it's easy to slip into the habit of spending a lot of time with your colleagues, at the expense of other stuff.

Advice to Management

Some middle managers have been promoted too quickly, and lack the maturity and professionalism that you would expect. This will only become more important as the company grows.

"Massive learning curve and a great start to my career"

Former Employee - Sales Manager

Pros

Meltwater is a very people oriented company. My managers always looked out for me, gave me honest feedback and helped me understand my own strengths and weaknesses in much more detail.
    Sales is tough anywhere and the same is true at Meltwater, but the product has huge potential and I found that if i worked hard and focused on building sound relationships with clients, results would follow. It was also a young place to work - obviously this means some people lacked experience, but the entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to be myself with colleagues more than made up for it.
    It was interesting as a business grad to watch a young company maturing as well - while there i saw them roll out the HR department, PR department and begin making acquistitions.
    MEST is also pretty admirable.

Cons

I worked really hard there - for me it was fine, but I don't think its for everyone. At my new job people spend half their day on facebook and I didn't have time for that at Meltwater.
    Offices are typically less than 15 people with an average age of 27 or so, so i wasn't learning from seasoned veterans and people were figuring things out as they went along.

Advice to Management

The partnership with Oxford University's business school seems like a good initiative to bring more knowledge and experience into the company - roll it out quickly!