Melville Johnson, PC - Rapid turnover and poor, unsuccessful leadership. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Melville Johnson, PC

"Rapid turnover and poor, unsuccessful leadership."

Former Employee - Attorney in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Melville Johnson, PC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is little reason to work for this firm except for the awful legal market. This place is truly a revolving door.

Cons

There has been a lot of turnover and many attorneys have only lasted for only a month or a few months. The leadership makes confusing decisions that do not inspire confidence. The firm insists that no attorney miss any day (or time) within the first six months for any reason. The leadership treats employees with disrespect.

Advice to Management

Do not have unrealistic and unreasonable expectations. Accept more responsibility. Stop treating employees with disrespect.

Other Employee Reviews for Melville Johnson, PC

"You're Better Off Unemployed!"

Former Employee - Attorney in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Melville Johnson, PC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None really. You'll get a decent salary & they'll hire you with little to no experience. But it's really not worth it, at least not if you are going in expecting a "real job". If you need a resume builder it's okay, but don't expect to stay long... job search the whole time you're there. You may think I'm just jaded or I was fired for cause, but just ask around, every former employee will back this up.

Cons

Everything. The Partner is ridiculous. He constantly gives conflicting direction, he assists in no way on the cases, yet inserts himself just enough to say he's involved. There is an Extremely high turnover, the numbers are astounding. Overall you're met with unrealistic expectations, the 'bosses' are not family friendly, almost all the clients are unhappy clients, one of the biggest issues id the sheer disrespect shown by the partner and his partner..... its an overall toxic environment.

Advice to Management

I honestly wouldn't know where to start...

2. "I learned how to be a lawyer here"

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Melville Johnson, PC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am not sure what the compliants are about, but I worked there for 2 years quite a while ago. I worked closely with the owner, we tried cases together, and I learened how to litigate. This palce is a training ground for attorneys. If you do not like litigation, this is not the place for you. I was picked up by a medium sized firm becuase of my experience and paid substantially more. I left that firm and am now a partner in another medium sized firm.

Cons

Lots of times you have to make independent decisions on your own. The owner is nice enough, but there is really nowhere to go unless he sells you the firm to you. Small environment means that you can't hide your mistakes.

Advice to Management

Hang in there and keep it up!