Memorial Medical Center (IL) - Great employer, best in central IL | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Memorial Medical Center (IL)

"Great employer, best in central IL"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Springfield, IL
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Memorial Medical Center (IL) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are dedicated to everything they try to do.

Cons

Would be great if they had orthodonics as a benefit

Advice to Management

I think new uniforms would be great

Other Employee Reviews for Memorial Medical Center (IL)

"Disorganized, Understaffed, Compensation has nothing to do with ability or productivity"

Current Employee - IT (I Will Not Specify) in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - IT (I Will Not Specify) in Springfield, IL

Pros

This hospital is a decent first job if you're looking for generalized experience in a bureaucratic and unrealistic environment. You have to cut your corporate stooge teeth somewhere eh? You will gain experience in several areas, I'll list just a few for substance:
    -You will learn to deal with unreasonable people
    -You will learn to be condescending and/or passive aggressive as a defense mechanism
    -You will learn that people making large quantities of money are ignorant
    -You will learn that it literally is not what you know, it's who you know or how compelled you are to know just the right people in order to excel in your career. Your job is not to do your best, it's to keep the village elders from seeing your mistakes and/or short comings at all costs. You MUST blame the next guy. God forbid you take responsibility for anything, Lead By Example. Admit to nothing and insinuate that you attempted to offer a better solution but employee X just wouldn't have it.
    -You will learn to be defensive over any and all situations, for if you're not defensive, you'll be thrown under the bus.

These things are very important you know... Thank god Memorial taught me so well. I'm like Business Heman now.

Cons

-Memorial does not pay based on skill level or knowledge. Realistically no one knows what drives compensation at memorial. It's a situation with rules akin to any of the popular Dungeons and Dragons dice games without knowing who the dungeon master is. With several coworkers history in mind, it takes resigning to take a different job in order to be promoted. Years of work towards this goal is not sufficient regardless of how hard you work or how many hours you put in. You can "get lucky" and fall in to a position if someone is fired or quits, but it's really because you fill a specific need for the company. It has nothing to do with you being appreciated for your hard work.

-A high percentage of my fellow employees "talk" about working and actually consider it to be the act of working.

-Some of our employees refuse to learn new skills, which is ridiculous considering we work in IT.

Advice to Management

No advice is needed for management. Management already knows everything there is to know about everything. Their decisions are golden and when they fail, there is always someone to blame.

2. "Good, very professional."

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Springfield, IL

Pros

Ever-changing IT department, never bored.

Cons

Salaries are OK. Vendors have to much power over in house projects.

Advice to Management

Salary boosts and performance related compensation.