Men's Wearhouse - Fun Job! Great People! Opportunities for Growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Men's Wearhouse

"Fun Job! Great People! Opportunities for Growth"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate (CSA)
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate (CSA)

I have been working at Men's Wearhouse part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You wear a coat and tie everyday, which makes you at least feel successful internally. You don't start out at minimum wage and you could be eligible for a raise each year. Internal Job Listing is a definite plus. You get to help dress people for everyday life and even for their weddings... which alleviates some of the stress of having to figure it all out on their own. You aren't viewed by the general public as someone who has a "less than" job, because as you represent the MW, You are the authority on men's fashion and trends.

Cons

People who work at the Men's Wearhouse, generally stay at the Men's Wearhouse, which is really a good thing... But as the new person, it seems more difficult to get ahead without relocating. If you are in a satellite store in a mall, a "tux" store, you could be bored for hours at a time... (which can be a good or bad thing) good: You can read, catch up on school work, even catch up on your favorite shows via your phone. bad: Boredom, or worse, busy work.

Advice to Management

I know that the way things are done is supposed to be uniform throughout all Men's Wearhouses. This just isn't the reality. Some stores try-on everything for Tux Rental, which almost eliminates the need for re-orders, but I believe that most stores do not. So I would re-incentivise a low re-order rate. (Reward for good, rather than punish for bad).

Other Employee Reviews for Men's Wearhouse

1. "Great work environment"

Pros

The mens wearhouse believes in its employees and works very hard at creating a family atmosphere in the stores , offices and hubs. It's one big family. Great job mens wearhouse in taking care of your employees!

Cons

No cons at this time.

"management focused entirely on sales stats not the ability to manage"

I have been working at Men's Wearhouse full-time

Pros

co workers ok nothing else

Cons

give us short term disability and not ask us to donate sick time that is discriminatory to women