Menards - Previous Commercial/Contractor Account Service Manager | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Menards

"Previous Commercial/Contractor Account Service Manager"

Former Employee - Commercial/Contractor Account Service Manager in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Menards full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Pay(Hourly + Commission), Hours are okay! Job is great if you have a good team to work with and a good customer base!

Cons

A Bad team environment will ruin this job!!!

Advice to Management

Get involved in the day to day activities of your account service managers, their problems will become your problems, their great successes are yours as well!

Other Employee Reviews for Menards

1. "It's fun if you make it that way"

Current Employee - Cashier in Ankeny, IA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Ankeny, IA

I have been working at Menards part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a high school student who works part time as a cashier and at service desk, I really enjoy this job. It's different than just working at grocery stores like most of the people my age. Thanks to my coworkers, it's fun and some of the returning customers are fun to interact with also. I work at the Ankeny location and my manager is very understanding about hours and it's pretty easy to switch shifts as necessary. I also enjoy the little holiday gifts they mail us because it's always a surprise.

Cons

The store was way too hot during the summer which gave me headaches. Minimum wage except for weekend and holiday pay (less than students my age get at the grocery stores). Long shifts where you basically never get to sit. Points disciplining system. At times, the customers are just extremely rude. As a cashier, my biggest con is probably the outdated equipment at the registers. I don't like the systems (they lack some basic things that would be beneficial) and I constantly have customers complaining about not being able to see the screen/not knowing what they're supposed to do because of the confusing prompts when entering their credit/debit information.

Advice to Management

Stop micro-managing everything. Give the stores some more power.

2. "Top heavy"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waterloo, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Waterloo, IA

I worked at Menards part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very little job requirements for people beginning their career. Easy to get in and tough to get out.

Cons

Management not understand of work life balance. Most people working there have very little education. Managers thrown into their positions.

Advice to Management

More educated managers