Mentor Graphics - People stick around at Mentor, good or bad | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mentor Graphics

"People stick around at Mentor, good or bad"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Wilsonville, OR
Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Mentor Graphics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Lots of good people in the company, but it will depend on the team.
-Very flexible work environment. Culture is very relaxed and no one is counting the clock....you're just entrusted to get your job done.

Cons

-Not a lot of new blood which means not many new ideas. People stick around for a long time at Mentor....you need a balance of new folks with fresh thoughts and people that have been around while.
-No career growth paths that I've seen anywhere. People get a job and there is no advancement. Can be very frustrating if you're ambitious.
-Everything is silo'd into divisions with really no communication across divisions.

Advice to Management

Provide opportunities for employees to explore career paths outside of their current role. Encourage collaboration between the different product lines and divisions. People want to create amazing/great products and sell them. There is talent in Mentor....enable it!

Other Employee Reviews for Mentor Graphics

1. "Great Company - Old School Approach"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilsonville, OR

I have been working at Mentor Graphics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Personally, I have had a wonderful experience at Mentor. Working hard and making the right contacts have resulted in job advancement and opportunity (although I hear from others that not everyone is given that opportunity). The campus is beautiful, the benefits are great, and the compensation is good if you make sure to ask for what you are worth. For a person with a family, the work life balance and onsite childcare are absolutely stellar.

Cons

It seems from time to time that Mentor is more about security for employees then pressing everyone to perform. It is frustrating to work besides people who are just comfortable and collecting a paycheck - but as long as you can be personally accountable and self satisfied that can be looked past.

Advice to Management

Consider investing in new employees for new thoughts and ideas. I hate to say it but if you look closely at your ranks there are a number of people who could probably benefit from being shaken up a bit.

2. "Overall pretty good company to work for"

Former Employee - QA Software Engineering in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - QA Software Engineering in Wilsonville, OR

I worked at Mentor Graphics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Of course this depends on your manager and work team but overall I felt Mentor's work environment was great on product development side. It had just the right amount of stress level to keep things interesting and not too much to be overwhelming. I worked with some great coworkers who were committed to delivering quality products and we worked well in an agile environment.
    Pay was fair to good, but had been really lean to non-existent in the last 4-5 years. There is convenient access to top-rated Child Development Center if your kids are young. Great access to the Gym, weight room, classes like yoga, pilates, strength training,etc.

Cons

Not a well-defined growth path for QA.