Mentor Graphics - Pretty nice place to work at | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mentor Graphics

"Pretty nice place to work at"

Current Employee - Technical Marketing Engineer in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Technical Marketing Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

Very Flexible Work Style. Good benefits compared to Many Bay Area companies. Decent Salaries. The company has a friendly work culture and gives importance to personal time and space.

Cons

There are not many opportunities for moving up the ladder withing the company / division. There are not many managerial positions come along

Advice to Management

Though it is difficult to create new managerial positions, it would be effective to find other ways to provide incentives / opportunities to grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Mentor Graphics

1. "A good start up career."

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Wilsonville, OR
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Wilsonville, OR

Pros

The location is very good. You can get decent income with low cost. Each divisions are independent. Working are very proactive and flexible.

Cons

Bad documents for old project.
    It is very difficult to build career path. Prepare to work in one position for long term.

Advice to Management

Respect your employer and encourage them if it is possible. Then they will be more motivated for the working. Improve the documents, otherwise the new employer will face difficult.

"A fantastic place to work"

Former Employee - Technical Marketing Engineer in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Marketing Engineer in Portland, OR

Pros

I was fortunate to work on a leading technology and contribute ideas without much opposition. The management and culture was very open where I worked most of my time there. Some divisions are more ordered and regimented, luckily mine was more like a mature but still nimble start-up. The headquarters is in Portland, Oregon not Silicon Valley which meant a higher quality of life, lower cost of living (offsets lower pay than California, where it's all the opposite!). It's a dynamic and hip young city that was a joy to live in (and becoming the west coast's music city, a la Austin, TX). I was able to live downtown with a quick and easy freeway commute, about the only time that I really needed my car other than going to the airport (where long term parking is among the cheapest).

Cons

I worked at the headquarters and heard little negative stuff there. What little I did hear, tended to come from small branch offices that were mostly sales and support.

Advice to Management

Work harder to align the goals of your technology initiatives when they overlap or even conflict between divisions.