Meraki - Meraki offers a great work-life balance. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Meraki

"Meraki offers a great work-life balance."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Work-Life Balance is great; there are several internal activity groups and Merakian events setup for employees to participate in
- The Cisco acquisition has brought a lot of positive attention to Meraki.
- Sales Goals are generally achievable.

Cons

- The accelerators on the compensation side, or added incentives, for over-achievers could use a brush up. I believe that those going above and beyond their goals should be awarded accordingly.

Advice to Management

Take care of those bringing home the bacon.

Other Employee Reviews for Meraki

"Meraki is fun, laid back and inspiring - a dream to work for."

Current Employee - Account Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best reasons, I could go on and on. We are surrounded by the smartest, nicest, friendliest colleagues. Management is open to suggestions, trying new things, running different mini-competitions to keep it entertaining. Ongoing training, clear pathways to advancement, lots of people advancing to completely different teams if they decide they want to go in a different direction from their initial position with Meraki. Quotas are fair with room to overachieve. New people are quickly welcomed, and the people on my team have become some of my best friends. Stocked fridges, beer on tap, sweet Public bicycles for Christmas for everyone, rooftop garden/bbq with an amazing view and catered lunch every day - these things don't hurt either.

Cons

Our CEO has stressed the fact that he negotiated with Cisco to keep the culture as it is, keep the fun times rolling, but still the future is uncertain down the road as we integrate further into Cisco. So far nothing has changed though -- at least, not anything that affects me.

Advice to Management

As one of the only females in the Account Development department, it might be nice to have some more women to chat with once in a while. But there are other amazing girls who sit near me in different departments, and the guys on my team are all incredible, so it really isn't an issue.

"Love working at Meraki"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Meraki full-time (More than a year)

Pros

--You have a lot of responsibility and control over your territory, you really are able to manage it almost completely. You have a direct influence on sales in your territory.
    --Product is easy to sell and demo, it's something people really need
    --Great, fun culture-- free food, casual dress code, you can bring your dog to work, dart guns and big exercise balls everywhere--it's a really casual, fun environment. This year we had a Meraki houseboat trip and Tahoe trip. Our Xmas present was bikes for everyone!
    --The people you work with are great. Smart, fun, social. The job itself is great. I actually enjoy going to work, and the work feels exciting.
    --Quotas are attainable and fair, and the hours are good.

Cons

-- Fast growing company, so things are always changing. Quotas will go up, territories will get split, managers and teams will change. You've got to be okay with change and a fast paced environment.
    -- Competition. Like any sales job.
    -- Turnover isn't high, but some people aren't able to ramp up their territories fast enough so they can sometimes struggle.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a good job so far, they have a lot of struggles with a company that's growing so quickly and seem to manage and communicate the changes well, considering