Mercer - I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Mercer

"I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine..."

Current Employee - I Haven't Had A Job Title In Years But I Can Make One Up If You'd Like in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Mercer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mercer pays very well. They also have an annual bonus plan that can be 20% (Senior Associate)of your annual salary. They also have a pension plan. It really depends on your role but many roles offer very flexible work arangements include telecommuting. You should never really get bored at Mercer because there is plenty of opportunity to apply and move into other positions during your time at Mercer.

Cons

Very similar to a law firm. The rich keep getting richer. Many of the managers dislike each other so much it's obvious. However, for some reason, they all keep scratching each others back I guess to protect the heard and prevent any imposters from invading their territory. The culture is not a very happy and social one. Egos rule and it's almost hilarious at times. Everyone sees it so it comes down to "whatever, just leave me alone and keep paying me well" which doesn't breed ambition or innovation.

Advice to Management

Bring in more from the outside. You need fresh perspectives. Mercer is way too old-fashioned and lacks true innovation. Also, consider ways to truly being teams together and

Other Employee Reviews for Mercer

"Enjoying my Time Here"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Mercer full-time

Pros

My manager is awesome to work with and so is my team. Work/life balance is great, they give you plenty of days off and flexibility.

Cons

Salary can be more competitive. There is definitely lots of work to be done. But this can also be a positive, as other companies know that coming out of Mercer, you are well seasoned and ready to take on more responsibility.

Advice to Management

Be more mindful of workload.

"Work experience"

Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at Mercer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, routine work which could be positive or negative

Cons

Lack of feedbacks, no clear direction of growth, constant change of senior leadership