Mercer Transportation - great place to work | Glassdoor

"great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Pros

great place to work at

Cons

listen to your employees more

Advice to Management

be more friendly

Other Employee Reviews for Mercer Transportation

1. "Almost back to where they used to be"

I have been working at Mercer Transportation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Mercer is starting to act like a family again. Things changed for awhile and it seemed like they no longer cared about the employees. That has started to change. Truck Operations Management is more caring and approachable. This si the best HR department we've ever had. She gets things done and tries to always show the employees she cares. She's done things for employees that we have never seen. Favoritism seems to be a thing of the past although there are a few that maybe didn't deserve tehir positions. the pay and reviews is improving also.

Cons

it's hard to keep drivers with all the IT problems.If the system is down or not working correctly it makes our job more difficult trying to keep them happy.

Advice to Management

change IT. be patient with the older drivers that are learning the technology.

2. "Owner Operator"

Current Employee - Owner Operator
    Current Employee - Owner Operator

I have been working at Mercer Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice company, family orientated, fast settlement pay, will work with you to keep your truck on the road, Recruiters are great, Coordinators are great well mine is anyway. If you are going to Louisville, KY and will be there by 12:30 p.m. or later you can call your coordinator in advance and you can order your lunch and it will bee there waiting for you absolutely FREE EVERY TIME!!!!!! please tell me what company does that. Also if you have your CDL with no driving experience and you have a partner; whether it be a spouse, friend, or relative that will allow you to come with them and train for 12 months. Now I know big companies don't do this. I worked for Schneider National, I know about CRST, CR England, Werner, US Xpress, Prime to name a few and there not doing that.

Cons

I can't think of one thing negative.