Merchant e-Solutions - What does Merchant e-Solutions and the Brazilian Soccer Team have in common?? Both are all talk and full of hot air! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Merchant e-Solutions

"What does Merchant e-Solutions and the Brazilian Soccer Team have in common?? Both are all talk and full of hot air!"

Current Employee - Professional Level Person in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Professional Level Person in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and location in Redwood City.

Cons

Age discrimination. Staff over the age of 40 are being let go in large numbers without reason and HR uses the term "at-will" employer. This place is getting real bad. No increase. Class division. Its a ship without a captain. Too many know it all have been hired at large salaries and things just get worse.

Advice to Management

Get a clue.

Other Employee Reviews for Merchant e-Solutions

"Was great at first, then went downhill quick!"

Current Employee - Help Desk Representative in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Help Desk Representative in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I have been working at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are awesome for the most part

Cons

Better be prepared to constantly stroke the managers' egos because if you get on their bad side, watch out! If you are a favored employee, then you will find that you are very much able to get away with pretty much whatever, but once you're off that good side, they waste no time in nitpicking and borderline harassing you over the smallest and simplest of things that were overlooked before!

The systems and resources available to do the job are lacking to say the very least. Their phone system is the same phones you see in early 1980's flicks and functions just about as reliably as one would expect. The computer and IT systems are not much further ahead either, our regular customer management system crashes on a daily basis, but most detrimentally, the processing system that our merchants, our lifeblood, uses to generate revenue constantly has problems and crashes and needs to be taken down on a regular business, and when customers call in to check on it's status, we are regularly told to mislead them in the ETA of when said systems will be back up. And when said systems affect your ability to do your job, it is your fault, never mind the fact that the repeated requests to update the system have gone ignored.

Advice to Management

You ever hear of the term "spitting in the wind?" It basically means that what goes around comes around and at this point, it is no secret to our client banks, our larger merchants, and the rest of the company as a whole that we are going to be outsourced soon, and the backlash from that is already happening. The argument of "they've dumped a lot of money into us" that management regularly uses to make themselves feel better about this situation is ill advised in determining the future outlook of this company. For example, just this last week, five other managers in various positions, including our own Operations Manager in Spokane Valley who has helped build the company for the last 10 years of his life is all of a sudden "leaving the company on April 4th, 2014?" My advice to management, better start updating those resumes and looking for other prospects! You have no one to blame but yourselves and the decisions you have made to lead to this. I hope you have learned your lessons.

"Corruption, discrimination, negativity from the head of the company all the way down"

Former Employee - Help Desk Representative in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Representative in Spokane, WA

I worked at Merchant e-Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's one of the best-payiing call center jobs in the area, and there is more freedom of movement around the office, as the phone system allows you to take the call instead of automatically bringing the customer on the line.

Cons

One word... MANAGEMENT. I worked there for a couple of years and the amount of backstabbing amongst the managers themselves is appalling. They change the rules as they see fit. One employee will be written up for breaking a "rule" once, while another favored employee can break the same rule daily. They do absolutely discriminate against employees whenever it fits them. When I worked there, they nitpicked an outstanding employee who followed all their ever-changing rules, stayed out of the office drama, and was brilliant at what he did, yet he kept getting written up because he was "weird" (their description of him, not mine). Many times, we were given projects to complete that were impossible to complete because they had errors in them, or because the outdated system would not provide the information needed to complete them, and we would be written up for our inability to complete the project. When I worked there, a certain shift opened up that another employee had wanted for a long time. When he was the only employee to put in his interest for that shift, management came to me and asked me to take the shift even though I was not interested. When I declined and asked why they would ask me when someone else really wanted the same shift the manager told me openly that they wanted me to take it so they would not have to give it to the other employee. I had only been with the company for 3 months at that point and it was quite the eye-opener that this was not the wonderful company I thought it was. My advice to potential employees: If you can stand drama, backstabbing, and discrimination, go ahead and apply. Otherwise, run!

Advice to Management

As the corruption I saw started from upper management all the way down, I'm not sure I have any advice that would actually be considered. Treat your employees as you yourself would like to be treated.