Merck - Very unappreciated | Glassdoor

"Very unappreciated"

Current Employee - Senior Maintenance Technician in Millsboro, DE
Current Employee - Senior Maintenance Technician in Millsboro, DE

Pros

Benefits are ok, for the eastern shore pay is above average,I really wish I had more positive to say on behalf of the company

Cons

Very unappreciative site management, continual expectation to do more with less, people, equipment, even basic tools and supplies. Excessive work schedule due to severe under staff conditions. No chance for advancement no matter how hard you work or schooling you complete. School very difficult due to 55-65 hour work weeks.

Advice to Management

Please quite treating your most important assets, your people, as liabilities. Give us an opportunity to really show you what we can do, then at least tell us when we have done well and give us the opportunity to advance and grow. Quite the do as I say not as I do attitude, and treat us like adults.

Other Employee Reviews for Merck

"Overall working experience was great until the merger with Schering-Plough"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ

Pros

Great work/life balance; flexibility and diversity. If you worked with a manager who valued developing employees, many opportunities to work on projects and get promoted existed.

Cons

Due to merger, very unstable work environment - many changes being made without careful assessment of impact and focused on short term goals.

"An elephant learning how to dance. No Fred Astaire."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Summit, NJ

Pros

Flexibility of work hours, decent benefits, peer support and collaboration.

Cons

No stock employee purchase plan, no stock options until Director level, mediocre salary & merit raises, lots of lip service to behavior changes, yet little reality, low opportunity for growth (the legacy ol' boys club ain't going anywhere),

Advice to Management

Walk the talk