Merck - no movement | Glassdoor

"no movement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ

Pros

supervisors are generous with time off

Cons

No opportunity for growth.
 Education level does not match job level. Managers do not have degrees

Other Employee Reviews for Merck

1. "Ovearll, good. Lot's of Sr Level turnover"

Current Employee - Director in Kenilworth, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Kenilworth, NJ

Pros

Was great years ago. Lots of changes over time. SP now Merck. Merck has many postives, but integration is challenging. Learned a lot and was given the opportunity to pursue career tracks in differnent functional areas.

Cons

Many changes in Sr. Level Mgmt meant making and meeting goals challenging. Also, heavily matrixed organization thar required a lot of flexibility on employees part.

Advice to Management

Yikes! Respect by Merck Mgmt of SP employees. Lots of words, but no action. Most SP folks when given the opportunity have elected to take their packages.

"Very unappreciated"

Current Employee - Senior Maintenance Technician in Millsboro, DE
    Current Employee - Senior Maintenance Technician in Millsboro, DE

Pros

Benefits are ok, for the eastern shore pay is above average,I really wish I had more positive to say on behalf of the company

Cons

Very unappreciative site management, continual expectation to do more with less, people, equipment, even basic tools and supplies. Excessive work schedule due to severe under staff conditions. No chance for advancement no matter how hard you work or schooling you complete. School very difficult due to 55-65 hour work weeks.

Advice to Management

Please quite treating your most important assets, your people, as liabilities. Give us an opportunity to really show you what we can do, then at least tell us when we have done well and give us the opportunity to advance and grow. Quite the do as I say not as I do attitude, and treat us like adults.