Merck - Merck is a great company to work for with good values, competitive pay and benefits as well as great employees! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Merck

"Merck is a great company to work for with good values, competitive pay and benefits as well as great employees!"

Former Intern - Vaccine Manufacturing and Science Commercialization Intern in West Point, PA

I worked at Merck as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are diverse, intelligent and great to work with. The work is challenging and meaningful rather than paper pushing. For my internship, I was given a real project that needed to be completed for the company and that had a real impact. They also housed me for the summer, provided transportation options to the site, and planned on-site tours to see different departments and what they do.

Cons

Can be high stress because of time deadlines, few full-time positions for new-hires after completing the internship and its locations are all on the East Coast, so relocation anywhere else isn't possible. Also, they house you in Philadelphia, so you commute 3 hours every day using public transportation.

Other Employee Reviews for Merck

1. "i don't have much to say."

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Summit, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Summit, NJ

I have been working at Merck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

salary and benefit is not bad.

Cons

this is related to my department. We were former Schering-Plough employee. Our department head is hoping we all leave. Overall, Merck is fine.

"Great place for young scientists"

Former Intern - Oncology Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Oncology Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Merck as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot working with the Oncology group
    If you're able to work fast, this is a great place to be!
    Lots of resources to do science, Able to access the necessary materials for experiments ASAP
    Working in the Longwood area with HMS & Dana-Farber nearby was an awesome scientific community

Cons

Doesn't seem to be a ton of opportunity for career advancement
    Differing opinions among groups working together for how to move forward with the science
    Small offices