Merck - Merck is a great company to work for with good values, competitive pay and benefits as well as great employees! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Merck

"Merck is a great company to work for with good values, competitive pay and benefits as well as great employees!"

Former Intern - Vaccine Manufacturing and Science Commercialization Intern in West Point, PA

I worked at Merck as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are diverse, intelligent and great to work with. The work is challenging and meaningful rather than paper pushing. For my internship, I was given a real project that needed to be completed for the company and that had a real impact. They also housed me for the summer, provided transportation options to the site, and planned on-site tours to see different departments and what they do.

Cons

Can be high stress because of time deadlines, few full-time positions for new-hires after completing the internship and its locations are all on the East Coast, so relocation anywhere else isn't possible. Also, they house you in Philadelphia, so you commute 3 hours every day using public transportation.

Other Employee Reviews for Merck

"Great place for young scientists"

Former Intern - Oncology Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Oncology Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Merck as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot working with the Oncology group
    If you're able to work fast, this is a great place to be!
    Lots of resources to do science, Able to access the necessary materials for experiments ASAP
    Working in the Longwood area with HMS & Dana-Farber nearby was an awesome scientific community

Cons

Doesn't seem to be a ton of opportunity for career advancement
    Differing opinions among groups working together for how to move forward with the science
    Small offices

"Vampires of Boredom"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Merck full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They might still have a few good SP people held hostage carrying them.

Cons

Too long to list this cold, wanna be clinical, stuck up company. Customer Trust and Value scores is how you get compensated. You get the same bonus as everyone else in your region regardless of how hard you work. NOT sales. Some DMs I would't hire to be reps.

Advice to Management

Retire