Merck - Good company, good benefits. Better than most places to work | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Merck

"Good company, good benefits. Better than most places to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Merck full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You are compensated fairly, have above average vacation and holiday time, and (in most cases) have less stress than in other work environments. Additionally, the company has been fairly stable.

Cons

With stability comes a lack of internal movement, consequently, there is not a lot of opportunity for advancement. This can both be good and bad.

Advice to Management

Promote from within at every opportunity.

Other Employee Reviews for Merck

"Merck is a great company to work for with good values, competitive pay and benefits as well as great employees!"

Former Intern - Vaccine Manufacturing and Science Commercialization Intern in West Point, PA

I worked at Merck as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are diverse, intelligent and great to work with. The work is challenging and meaningful rather than paper pushing. For my internship, I was given a real project that needed to be completed for the company and that had a real impact. They also housed me for the summer, provided transportation options to the site, and planned on-site tours to see different departments and what they do.

Cons

Can be high stress because of time deadlines, few full-time positions for new-hires after completing the internship and its locations are all on the East Coast, so relocation anywhere else isn't possible. Also, they house you in Philadelphia, so you commute 3 hours every day using public transportation.

2. "i don't have much to say."

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Summit, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Summit, NJ

I have been working at Merck full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

salary and benefit is not bad.

Cons

this is related to my department. We were former Schering-Plough employee. Our department head is hoping we all leave. Overall, Merck is fine.