Merck - Cut-throat Culture at SP | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Merck

"Cut-throat Culture at SP"

Current Employee - Director in Kenilworth, NJ
Current Employee - Director in Kenilworth, NJ

Pros

Great compensation, benefits, the majority of middle management are highly professional, pipeline is very strong for the US and ex-US (the latter being the growth driver for the company). Merck acquisition will right-size the back-stabbing, shoot-from-the-hip mentality at SGP.

Cons

Senior management is ingrained with the Fred Hassan mentality of take-no-prisoners, push forward without regard for professionalism and treating employees fairly and honestly. However, every executive mgmt leader is gone through the merger .. except one. SGP management absolutely demolished Organon employee morale and good standing.

Advice to Management

Advice to Merck: beware of SGP upper mgmt who thinks they know better than a slow-moving, bureaucratic, over-analytical parent company.

Other Employee Reviews for Merck

"The job varies according to which manager you report to"

Current Employee - Clinical Project Special in Kenilworth, NJ
    Current Employee - Clinical Project Special in Kenilworth, NJ

Pros

The type of study trials they run are very challenging and interesting. They are top of the market studies and make for very interesting work.

Cons

Unfortunately it depends which manager you report to if you will survive or thrive at the company or not. For example, my first six months at the company were promising, but when my manager changed, it was like working for a different company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees! Managers need better Human Relationship skills, and the job should not be so completely affected depending on who you report too.

2. "Review of Schering PLough"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roseland, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Roseland, NJ

Pros

This company is a great place to work. I enjoyed the team atmosphere and I felt that I had a lto of opportunities to grow.

Cons

The workload at this company was sometimes hard to manage. At times I would find myself working from home every night and weekend.

Advice to Management

The managers at your company need to focus more on training. They also need to spend mroe one on one tim eiwth each employee.