Mercy - Adequate overall. | Glassdoor

"Adequate overall."

Pros

Overall a pretty fair company, there are always places that are worse.

Cons

What is odd is when 40% of your annual performance review is based on how you help those "less fortunate than yourself???"
I thought reviews were based on your job performance??
They also do try to push the catholic religion on you, which I do not appreciate.

Other Employee Reviews for Mercy

1. "I was grateful for my first job out of nursing school. I worked there one year in inpatient acute care in Springfileld."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Springfield, MO

I worked at Mercy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Resources are great and the newer portion of the hospital is spacious. Much of the interior finishes are beautiful - making for a pleasant patient and employee experience during a tough time.

Cons

The pay is extremely low, especially for floor staff in relation to executive salaries. At times, the upper management appears to be hostile towards RNs - putting nursing directors and assistant directors in difficult positions. Now that I have worked elsewhere, I know how awful it was at Mercy.

Advice to Management

Worry less about attaining Magnet status as a PR stunt and worry more about treating staff like valued employees - you can start by paying them more than assembly line workers.

2. "A place like none other."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Mercy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great mission, values and ethics. Despit what another review listed, Mercy does not have a "corporate" feel to it, in my opinion. As all things in life, you get out what you put in. Due to challenges in healthcare across the US, there have been changes put in place to insure our ministry is sustainable. Far too often people mistake the desire to sustain our business as "corporate" or "losing what Mercy is all about". You must continue to maintain the balance of ministry and business to carry on the wonderful legacy that is Mercy.
    The leadership in place across all of Mercy understand this challenge and do a wonderful job of balancing these two difficult tasks.
    An excellent place to work and I can only hope that I can one day retire from this incredible organization.

Cons

Due to the steady growth over the last several years, there have been some difficulties with communication and structure operationally. However, I feel this is due to the exponential growth across the state of Oklahoma.
    It would be nice to have more money for merit increases/raises.