Mercy - It's the Mercy way. | Glassdoor

"It's the Mercy way."

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Applications Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible timings, laid back environment, if you know how to do it.. work is pretty easy. One doesn't have more than 4 hours of work per day :).

Cons

People are not rated by their skill sets. Jobs always offered to a level lower than the applied. Interview process is bad. No Bonus.. no decent Off times.. cant switch sick time to PTO.. one has to be really sick to use the sick days, cannot take a casual sick day off. People talk about the 7 things on Mercy ways that people are expected to behave and no one follows it.

Advice to Management

Please have management that can assess people on their skillset and how one likes them. Interview process is pretty bad, i have seen my manager hire pretty low skilled people in the team who cannot do/say stuff on their own. HR should do a good job reviewing the past experience of prospective candidates (too many freshers with fake experience). Please follow mercy standards in the MTS as well.

Other Employee Reviews for Mercy

"Adequate overall."

Pros

Overall a pretty fair company, there are always places that are worse.

Cons

What is odd is when 40% of your annual performance review is based on how you help those "less fortunate than yourself???"
    I thought reviews were based on your job performance??
    They also do try to push the catholic religion on you, which I do not appreciate.

2. "I was grateful for my first job out of nursing school. I worked there one year in inpatient acute care in Springfileld."

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Springfield, MO

I worked at Mercy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Resources are great and the newer portion of the hospital is spacious. Much of the interior finishes are beautiful - making for a pleasant patient and employee experience during a tough time.

Cons

The pay is extremely low, especially for floor staff in relation to executive salaries. At times, the upper management appears to be hostile towards RNs - putting nursing directors and assistant directors in difficult positions. Now that I have worked elsewhere, I know how awful it was at Mercy.

Advice to Management

Worry less about attaining Magnet status as a PR stunt and worry more about treating staff like valued employees - you can start by paying them more than assembly line workers.