Mercy - Technologist | Glassdoor

"Technologist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Mercy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Part time with PTO earned with hours worked.

Cons

Don't like my department, have to stay for a whole year before I can transfer. Was trained by someone who had no right training anyone

Advice to Management

See how comfortable employees are with doing new job

Other Employee Reviews for Mercy

"Overall, not bad."

Former Employee - Patient Care Associate in Creve Coeur, MO
    Former Employee - Patient Care Associate in Creve Coeur, MO

I worked at Mercy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meeting new people, interacting with the patients, occasional free food, discounts

Cons

Management(in the department I worked in) & coworkers

Advice to Management

Don't make rules, and only apply them to "certain people".

"There ministry starts and ends below the $50,000 year salary cap"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Mercy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers. Most nurses go into healthcare to give back to the community; consequently they are giving 130% every day and are a pleasure to work with. Unfortunately this redeeming quality is exploited by management with low salaries and very little personal growth. Nurses are working long hours and extra shifts to make ends meet. They are often tired and prone to illness because of the constant stress.

Cons

Salary, poor management, PTO is slow to accumulate. Continuing Education is done on-line, and can and should be done in a convention setting, especially with important topics like stroke, trauma and surgical changes. Lunch breaks and breaks in general are almost non-existent. Food/gift shop/coffee shop purchases are charged full price to employees. No perks whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Consider being a leader in health care. Be the voice of change in the treatment of patients. Staff according to patient need, rather than census. Treat the "boots on the ground' ie: nurses with the respect they deserve rather than "it sucks to be you" attitude. We all know there are nurses graduating daily and willing to be TRAINED in your facility. But this not the voice of change. This is the voice of "you are disposable". Start that trickle down effect with bloated salaries in management being reduced and increases on the working class. Be a leader, be a leader and voice for CHANGE!