Meredith Corporation - Excellent company | Glassdoor

"Excellent company"

Former Employee - National Account Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - National Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Challenging work, good benefits and a decent corporate culture make Meredith an excellent place to work. They are focusing on digital and marketing, more then print.

Cons

Every year for the past 5 years they have been downsizing certain divisions in favor of purchasing new companies. Do your research and make sure your join in the right division. Avoid newsstand.

Advice to Management

Look to move existing employees into new divisions rather then just downsizing. Loyalty goes both ways.

Other Employee Reviews for Meredith Corporation

1. "Very slow to progress to current technology trends. Unwilling to listen to employees who they hired to know."

Former Employee - Photo Editor in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Photo Editor in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits are good. Nice environment to work in as far as nice building and location. They still have partial match on 401K.

Cons

Senior management needs training, not as qualified as should be in most cases. Many are hired just to manage but know very little about what they are managing. Slow to progress with technology. Budgets not in line with expectations and shows in the products.

Advice to Management

Invest to progress. Invest in your people and products. Fear management is not a tool.

2. "Meredith is a great company to work for where the employees are rewarded for hard work and appreciated."

Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN

Pros

Encouraging, friendly atmosphere where I feel supported and have the ability to do very well for myself.

Being in sales, I give myself a raise!

Meredith is a well established company that has been around for a while. They invest in their broadcast stations to help them be competitive and up to date.

Cons

Commissions could be higher for products sold.

Commission levels change when people start selling too much of one product and doing well.

Advice to Management

Compensate your talented sales people where you can retain them and not lose them to other industries.
    Provide a gas card - we beat our cars up, and this is VERY expensive. Though the commission can be good, the cost of doing this job is expensive. Other sales professionals have many more perks. For an AE who has brought in Millions to the company, a gas card and car allowance would be a great gesture.